Holy crap, it's snowing again!

SkyHog

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Everything Offends Me
And now, MUCH MUCH harder than last week. I didn't even know this was coming. My dog woke me up by sliding his wet back on my face so I went to close the back door and WOW! Lots of snow!

Watch out Denver!

And ------------ crazily ---------------- in Brunswick - Topsham, Maine, 35° right now and the grass is still green(faded green). Scarboro(slightly south of Portland) DPW was out, yesterday, mowing the municipal lawns(assumedly, for the last time this year. Ski areas are relying on their snow-making machinery.

HR

I shoveled another 20" of white stuff here since noon yesterday. Yesterday's snowfall was so wet that the snowblower can't handle it. A friend just a few miles away reports 30" at his place since yesterday, with an over 80" total from the last 2 storms. I'm moving back to Minnesota, where it doesn't snow so much! :)

Stay safe, you guys. Watch out for broken Arctic ice shelves floating down that way while you're at it. :(

:yes: 70 shut down this morning.

Only about 3 feet total here. Two last week and one last night. Hope we miss the second pulse, running out of places to put it.

Send some to Jawjuh! It would give these idiots a reason to not know how to drive!!! Maybe they would stay home so I could have the road to myself. I know I'd be safer!

This is absolutely insane. Over a foot here at my house, close to 2 at my parents about 3 miles away. Snow is supposed to continue until 5pm tomorrow. If it does, I would not be surprised to see over 3 feet. This is the most snow I think Albuquerque has ever gotten in one storm.

And according to TWC, this is officially the most intense storm on record in Albuquerque. It feels like being back in New Hampshire again.

There was another 18" of snow here. Yesterday me and two others became the Snowshovel Brigade and made a killing in the RV park shoveling people out. (The top overnight portion was moderately fluffy but from the earlier stuff in the storm was like shoveling wet cement) A lot of stores were closed around here and the few drivers that were out were mostly sensible.

Today it's clearing to some extent. At least there's some blue sky and the sun is trying to come out.

Trees are falling down all over the city, and now there is a fear of collaspsing rooves. There are many flat rooves in the city, and they aren't made to carry the weight of snow.

2 Feet and counting at many locations in the city. I think the official number is lower, but I can see more than 2 feet sitting on my back fence.

..... and Maine's "Good Life" is over. I just heard a strange rumble, so went upstairs(from the computer dungeon). Holy ****! It was a municipal plow truck/sander. There's almost 2" on the ground. I guess I can, finally, take my leaf mulcher/wood chipper to store it in the hangar for a few months.
And now to see if that Chevy S-10 is as incapable in snow as I've heard rumored. I've put 180lbs of Tube Sand over the drive wheels.

HR

{clip} Had you done the work for free, you would most likely still be there and then called names for not helping everyone present.
Charity is helping someone incapable of helping themselves or obtaining the resources to do so. I doubt you saw any of those folks in that RV park.

That sounds a bit like spin zone material and I don't go there.

What isn't likely apparent to people who don't live like this is that this is the RV world..specifically year-rounders. We do things differently and have different social and lifestyle expectations than the rest of society. It's a lot like living on a working farm. We watch out for each other, help and/or give good advice when we can, appreciate what others do for us and go to bed every night with a clear conscience knowing we did the right thing that day because it was the right thing to do.

harley, my first "car" was a 1989 4 wheel drive S10. It will handle the snow. It will also do really good donuts in a big open parking lot covered in ice.

harley, my first "car" was a 1989 4 wheel drive S10. It will handle the snow. It will also do really good donuts in a big open parking lot covered in ice.

Mine is a 2002 2-wheel drive. Even with the ballast in the body I'll play it easy. I've noticed that she'll inconveniently slide forward; hence, I'm keeping additional distance from the leading vehicle.

We got a lame inch that's almost all gone already.

Back