Holy COW!

Someone is bailing... logs will tell the full story...

One conspicuously missing item is "NDH".

Perhaps the guy just needs to sell it ASAP.

The straight tails have sold for that since I first started looking at planes 20+ years ago, that one is pretty nice for the price though. Figuring in engine and prop times, I payed less.

The airplane is also listed on ASO, and says "damage history: Yes". No indication of what that damage was or when, but it appears to not have been major enough to require an NTSB report.

It seems the airplane has been for sale for a while, I see older ads listing it at $34,900

Recent maintenance list on ASO:

Current annual completed June of 2012
Left Engine Carburetor overhauled October of 2011
Fuel Boost Pump overhauled October of 2011
Manifold Pressure Gauge overhauled October 2011
Fuel quantity sender overhauled October 2011
New Engine Hoses on both September 2011
New Glare shield September 2011

Looks like they had a rather big ticket overhaul on the left side, I'd be worried about the right side.

Looks like they had a rather big ticket overhaul on the left side, I'd be worried about the right side.

Why? Pretty typical for a twin owner to do engine bay stuff one side at a time, most of that list was typical for an old mid time engine.

You see a LOT of cheap twins these days. People are finding they can't afford the operational costs.

The airplane is also listed on ASO, and says "damage history: Yes". No indication of what that damage was or when, but it appears to not have been major enough to require an NTSB report.

It's amazing what you can find on the googles. The A/C's FAA file and partial logbook scans... and look what it sold for at auction!

http://avbidaircraftauctions.com/our-inventory/1955-cessna-310-auction/

http://avbidaircraftauctions.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Combination-Of-Logs-For-Site.pdf

Damage occurred in 1957 -

"Aircraft damaged in taxi accident, the following new Cessna factory parts installed - 0831000-2 rudder assy, 0893001-1 fin assy, 0814002-1 fin attach channel"

Doesn't sound too bad. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that it had been on it's nose at some point. Many 310s have been, especially pre-1967 models.

Guy's got a video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onRN7x11bDk

$7.00 per gallon gas..
no way to put it to work any more.

Why is the guy about three hangars down the ramp flying the Barons every day?
$7.00 per gallon gas..
no way to put it to work any more.

Well, 15 years ago I bought mine for $39,000. It only needed two engines, two propellors and a panel overhaul. Oh, interior, too....

For that price, you can fly it....maybe once.

Well, 15 years ago I bought mine for $39,000. It only needed two engines, two propellors and a panel overhaul. Oh, interior, too....

For that price, you can fly it....maybe once.

Actually, if you buy it with a fresh annual and are a half way decent mechanic and dont flog it because you didn't buy it to go slow, you can likely fly that 310 for a year and build 200hrs+ for the price of fuel and oil.

Back