Holiday weekend photos

Toby

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Toby Speed
How was your weekend? We had family over.

First photo, Aunt Mildred goes sailing. Second photo, Cousin Boopsie hits the beach.

Gotta love those sun glasses. B)

Last edited:
Great hats, gals. Fez up Toby, was there alcool in that glass?

E

EHITCH said:
Great hats, gals. Fez up Toby, was there alcool in that glass?

E
Ooh, yeah. Cranberry lemonade with vodka.

Cousin Boopsie looks she's coming off a tailwheel high. Hee hee!

--Kath

Yeah, we did have a great weekend. Eleven of us in 6 airplanes flew to West Yellowstone and camped out for three nights. For those of you not familiar, West Yellowstone is the west entrance to the park. This time of year everything this time of year (campsites and motels) is booked or fought over each morning. But pilot can enjoy a decent campground with no problem. Rental cars available and a good Italian restaurant in the terminal for dinner. Bikes free to get around the airport. Anyway it was a great weekend. Even if there was light frost Sunday and Monday mornings.

ejensen said:
..... Anyway it was a great weekend. Even if there was light frost Sunday and Monday mornings.

A light frost! Ah, how refreshing that would feel.

I have condensation on my windows from running the a/c all the time.

Great pics, people!

Toby, my morning coffee about hit my monitor on the first. What a great shot!!

Nice northern, Tim!

one of these days I'll get to W.Yellowstone, too. Drove close enough past it often enough.

Thanks for sharing!

Terry

Diana said:
Blueberries! Did you eat some? :)

Of courseI did! They were growing on the bluff. There is blueberries ALL OVER in that area of northern MI.

Spent 5 days on a Harley in the Sierra Nevadas - back to Las Vegas through Death Valley yesterday morning - quite the range of temperatures from Sonora Pass to Death Valley. Pics are still in the camera, I'll download tonight.

ejensen said:
Even if there was light frost Sunday and Monday mornings.

Eeeh Eric, frost?. Still looks like a great time. Thanks for posting.

And Tim, what kind of fish is that Pike?

Anthony said:
Eeeh Eric, frost?. Still looks like a great time. Thanks for posting.

Must have been 31.5 F or so. Frost was off the wings before we had the tent down. Actually warmed up nice, made for good hiking weather. We had 3 Mooneys, 2 Cessnas, and a Bonanza. The Bonanza took a lot of grief.:)

ejensen said:
Actually warmed up nice, made for good hiking weather. We had 3 Mooneys, 2 Cessnas, and a Bonanza. The Bonanza took a lot of grief.:)

Sounds great. But the Bonanza deserves the grief. My doctor has one, a V-tail. Sigh.

Tim, what's going on in that Cessna? You have 2700 RPM but are making only 78KIAS in level flight.Great pictures all.

Landed on Isle Royale MI. (seaplanes only;)) Great first trip in the new Lake

Richard said:
Tim, what's going on in that Cessna? You have 2700 RPM but are making only 78KIAS in level flight.Great pictures all.

yep that's the way it is! I have had the tach overhauled several times, now I just use the Tach check all the time. On top of the glare shield. 2555, and dragging floats along. You think 78 AS is bad you ought to see the ground speed sometimes!:hairraise:

That's not KNOTS that is MPH! About 67 Knts..... cubs even pass me:dunno: :dunno:

Back