Hold SI - change in regimen

T

Type2

Ok. Currently hold an SI for type 2 diabetes (metformin). It has been slowly creeping up after 10 years on just metformin and doc wants to add a combination - probably in the GLP1 category. It’s listed as approved in the combination database. It also says for AASI that I should follow the AASI guidelines. The AASI guidelines say if something changes beyond the guidelines they have to defer. But it also says these combinations are good and therefore does not need to.
So if my doc fills the 8700-2 form out that I always do and lists the additional approved combination drug - will my si still be valid or I have to start and get a brand new one ?

I don't know how old your AASI paperwork is, but with the current AASI paperwork and protocol you would be able to be issued your certificate. This is based solely on the information you have provided.

Wingman is completely correct to note that the AASI "This authorization expires on __/__/____. If it sez next year, you can be issued. Of course FAA reserves the right to countermand the AME based on the data sumbitted with the auth issuance.

Attachments

• Diabetes(Oral_MedStatusReport)12.26.21.pdf
    42.7 KB · Views: 35
Back