Hola from Miami - any recommendations for a new student?

Sierra Echo

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Sierra Echo
Hey all,

I've been lurking here for a month or so, while reading Bob's great book (The Complete Private Pilot), doing the Sporty's ground school work, and getting my ducks in a row for my medical (which will be complicated, but certainly doable).

In the mean time, I have a possible in on a flight club down here which would give me access to planes and CFIs, but in the event that falls through, does anyone have any recommendations for a local school / CFI? Preferably out of KTMB (Miami Exec) but I am flexible within reason. Just keep me south of FLL - that area is closed too often due to our wonderful President's Mar-a-Lago habit.

Thanks for any advice, and thanks for all of the insight you've given me as a lurker!

-se

Hey all,

I've been lurking here for a month or so, while reading Bob's great book (The Complete Private Pilot), doing the Sporty's ground school work, and getting my ducks in a row for my medical (which will be complicated, but certainly doable).

In the mean time, I have a possible in on a flight club down here which would give me access to planes and CFIs, but in the event that falls through, does anyone have any recommendations for a local school / CFI? Preferably out of KTMB (Miami Exec) but I am flexible within reason. Just keep me south of FLL - that area is closed too often due to our wonderful President's Mar-a-Lago habit.

Thanks for any advice, and thanks for all of the insight you've given me as a lurker!

-se
Lee Brooks is a fantastic instructor at TMB. The local schools are a waste of time.

Hey all,

-se
I don't have any info for you, but Welcome to POA! Hopefully we'll be reading about your progress soon.

I don't have any info for you, but Welcome to POA! Hopefully we'll be reading about your progress soon.

Thank you! Hopefully I'll have progress to report soon. Just have to clear the medical before I go too far...

Welcome on board! Fasten your seatbelt if ya plan on staying. ;)

Welcome on board! Fasten your seatbelt if ya plan on staying. ;)

Thank you! I've seen many of your posts on the board, and I like the way you approach flying. Looking forward to advice from you once I'm in the air.

Thank you! I've seen many of your posts on the board, and I like the way you approach flying. Looking forward to advice from you once I'm in the air.

Trouble is I'm not a pilot. :popcorn:

But thanks.

Hey all,

-se

Thanks for the kind words! I'm always here to answer questions.

Bob

Back