Hit the 200 hour mark

Congrats....when I totalled up my hours for the first time in a decade (last time was when I did my instrument rating) to fill out reports for the insurance company, NTSB, and FAA (stingy farging bastages by the way, the NTSB and the FAA cost me $2000, the asshats). I found I ran through 1000 hours last summer. Turns out it was the flight with Snowbird 10 that put me over the limit.

Congrats....when I totalled up my hours for the first time in a decade (last time was when I did my instrument rating) to fill out reports for the insurance company, NTSB, and FAA (stingy farging bastages by the way, the NTSB and the FAA cost me $2000, the asshats). I found I ran through 1000 hours last summer. Turns out it was the flight with Snowbird 10 that put me over the limit.

$2000? tell us more!

$2000? tell us more!
The NTSB/FAA impounded the engine off the Navion after it turned itself inside out on me at 3000 feet.
They stiffed the mechanic for the both the cost of removal and the freight charges to ship it to Conteintal for tear down. The guy at the NTSB covering my accident has been specifically dodging my calls for a month now.

The NTSB/FAA impounded the engine off the Navion after it turned itself inside out on me at 3000 feet.
They stiffed the mechanic for the both the cost of removal and the freight charges to ship it to Conteintal for tear down. The guy at the NTSB covering my accident has been specifically dodging my calls for a month now.

whaat?
Could you have told them to pound sand?

exactly, after my last flight Sunday. I have 167 hours in tailwheel AC now. About 140 in the 8A. I'd like to pass 300 by year's end.

Nice. Right behind you. I'll hit 150 when I pick the plane up from the avionics shop next week.

Back