Hit a nerve

bob_albertson

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Bob
Hi, long time no post. In an effort to save electrons I’ll spare the history of the issue of my spine, lol. Can we have implantable nuerostimulators and keep our first class Medicals?

Hi, long time no post. In an effort to save electrons I’ll spare the history of the issue of my spine, lol. Can we have implantable nuerostimulators and keep our first class Medicals?
Howdy Bob! This sounds like a good @bbchien question!

Thank you Brad!

I do have a follow-up question then.

what is PBOR-2?
Pilots Bill Of Rights 2. Popular name for legislation requiring certain procedures from the FAA in regard to enforcement actions.

So with PBOR-2 that Dr Bruce mentioned in that thread, did they also pass an exception for the nuerostimulator’s “Black Box” liability statement regarding pilot’s use of them?

So with PBOR-2 that Dr Bruce mentioned in that thread, did they also pass an exception for the nuerostimulator’s “Black Box” liability statement regarding pilot’s use of them?

Bob, I'd give your Regional flight surgeon a call to inquire. They can give you a good rundown of what they need to issue a certificate with a special issuance. It looks like Chien's 2016 guidance on that thread might be a bit dated even when it was posted.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back