Hit a deer last night while on the bike...

Now to add insult to injury you'll be getting a call from the deer's PI lawyer.

All this could be avoided if the DOT put deer crossings in the right places.

I'm glad you're okay. It could have been much worse.

I also thank you for derailing my most recent bout of thoughts about getting a motorcycle license. This time I got as far as downloading the learner's permit application and finding a two-day course not far from me. Now I can put that off again. There are a lot of deer infesting my neck of the woods, and many of them are suicidal, causing them to leap into the path of oncoming traffic.

Maybe we need a crisis hotline for deer. You know, like those phones they put on the side of bridges with the signs that say, "LIFE IS WORTH LIVING! CALL US NOW! WE CARE!" That sort of thing. Maybe a friendly voice on the other end saying, "We're listening, deer," would help reduce these problems.

-Rich

I bet we need more deer depression awareness. :)

I'm scared enough of hitting one in my full size suv. Can't imagine hitting one on the bike. Hope you heal quickly

Those injuries should've been a $20,000 flight to the hospital. First responder didn't do their job right. :D

New Harleys are very well made. I had an '08 Street Glide, never leaked a drop and very reliable.
they are. They have factory tours in Milwaukee (engines) and Kansas City and Pennsylvania. So far I've done the Milwaukee tour.

gotta love the short tailed forest rats. Miserable things. I usually try to keep a car/truck in front of me when I ride at night, mainly because they are everywhere up here. Problem is, at 0420, there aren't any other cars on the road.

Funny thing is, I see more of them on my driveway than I do on the road.

Very lucky. Banged up ribs and hand, sctratches, bruises and abrasions. Deer lived and ran away. Harley is trashed and is one that I just finished building this past Spring. Guess I get to build her again.

Pic of my hand...not sure it'll be operating an Archer throttle or radio anytime soon.

If only you had a BRS. . . .

Back