History of Dr. appts.

jsstevens

Final Approach
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
jsstevens
I'm just posting this to vent. Although if somebody's got an idea I'd be interested. My 3rd class medical is due and I was scheduled to get it done Wednesday morning, but now it looks like I'll have to postpone.

I keep all my appointments in my Outlook calendar which is maintained and backed up by our IT department. I go through and search for my Drs by name, find the appointment dates, fill in the reasons (not usually to hard for me) and voila, medxpress form done. This year all my non-recurring appointments have disappeared from my calendar for any dates before June of 2013. IT folks say they didn't do anything to it. (And they're good folks, I believe them.)

Well, no problem. Go out to my health insurance site and get the claims list. It'll have to Drs names and dates. Which it does. For 2013 and 2014. Call the insurance company. They have all the info. They'll send it to my home mailing address within 15 days. No way to get it electronically any sooner.

Well, can the FAA give me my old application? Yes, via snail mail at a price per page. Eventually.

Dang. I really wanted to go fly this month too.

Oh well. I will have to remember to 1) keep these records in a safe place for next time, 2) email myself a copy of the .pdf (which I thought I had, but apparently I didn't).

As I said, just venting. I'll get the data, I'll just have to wait a while.

John

Fill it out to the best of your ability. Nobody is going to get bent over the three year old ones that were already reported once.

John - it's not unusual to run an "Archive" utility (aka Mailbox Cleanup) on Outlook files to free up space. In fact, Outlook can be configured to run this utility automatically at set intervals. Given you have such a clean cutoff date, it sounds like this has taken place.

When the Mailbox Cleanup is run, data is moved from the active data file into an archive file. I'd bet the data is there ... but Outlook is not including the archive file(s) in the search. These archive files can easily be included depending on how you initiate the search and your version of Outlook.

Run this by your IT folks and see if it makes any sense ...

Last edited:
Upon the rare occasion that I see a doctor, I put an entry into my logbook.

When looking up hours for the MedExpress, the Dr info is there, too.

John - it's not unusual to run an "Archive" utility (aka Mailbox Cleanup) on Outlook files to free up space. In fact, Outlook can be configured to run this utility automatically at set intervals. Given you have such a clean cutoff date, it sounds like this has taken place.

When the Mailbox Cleanup is run, data is moved from the active data file into an archive file. I'd bet the data is there ... but Outlook is not including the archive file(s) in the search. These archive files can easily be included depending on how you initiate the search and your version of Outlook.

Run this by your IT folks and see if it makes any sense ...

I searched the Archive Calendar as well. No joy. It had the stuff for June of 2013, but nothing before or after.

My IT folks are concerned because they're wondering what other data disappeared. email appears to be complete, just calendar events.

John

I'm old school. I have a folder I keep all my medical stuff in. See a doc? Put a copy of the paperwork in its folder, by year. See the AME? Pull out the last three folders.

I have an SI so there are extra papers and reports I have track and archive.

I'm old school. I have a folder I keep all my medical stuff in. See a doc? Put a copy of the paperwork in its folder, by year. See the AME? Pull out the last three folders.

I have an SI so there are extra papers and reports I have track and archive.

It's a good system, but then I'd have to remember where the folders are. I like distributed electrons. I just didn't distribute them far enough this time.

John

It's a good system, but then I'd have to remember where the folders are. I like distributed electrons. I just didn't distribute them far enough this time.

John

I know what you mean. I have a fire safe with all the folders stuck into it. Since I just got a routine physical this morning, I have to stuff yet another set of paperwork into it.

I keep an Excel spreadsheet with all doctor visits. Makes the 3 year history easy. I wish I only saw the doctor once in a while. This getting older stuff has only one thing to say for it - it beats the alternative.

I keep an Excel spreadsheet with all doctor visits. Makes the 3 year history easy. I wish I only saw the doctor once in a while. This getting older stuff has only one thing to say for it - it beats the alternative.

My dad, now 82, has said for years that getting old is not for wimps. But it does beat the alternative so far.

I got my records yesterday (so it only took 3 days. Hats off to United Health Care for that. I should be able to get my MedXpress done this weekend and get my medical this week.

John

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I'm bad about recording my doctor's visits so I stopped by his office on Wednesday and they printed out the records for my last three years' visits. About a 1/2" of paper. I started ferreting through the stack of paper yesterday and filling out the MedXpress form when I found that there were five documents contained therein that weren't mine!

The printer was also the fax machine and five incoming faxes were commingled with my records.

Oops! They were embarrassed to say the least.

Last edited:
Mine will do that (without the intermixed faxes) as well. I get enough lab records from random people faxed to me as it is (my number must be close to some doctors number).

Mine will do that (without the intermixed faxes) as well. I get enough lab records from random people faxed to me as it is (my number must be close to some doctors number).

:rofl:

I had a 800 number for a small business I used to own. There was a physic hotline that was just a couple numbers off. I would have some really strange messages on my answering machine in the morning.

I keep it simple by avoiding doctors. Most MedExpress apps have none or one visit listed...and most of those that were listed were ER visits! (Shiyte happens!)

I have 877 RON MARG as a personal 800 number. If you look at "MARG" on the number you'll find that it is the same as NASH. There's some guy named RON NASH that sells RVs that I get a call for occasionally. The wierdest one was one evening when I started getting calls offering to donate money for the Nashville relief. Quick flipping through the channels yields CMT is running a telethon and while the number on the screen is right periodically their idiot MC gives out my number. I toyed with screwing around with them a bit, but I just set the outgoing message to "If you want to reach the Nashville Relief line, dial 888 766 6274" or whatever it was and turned off the ringer.

I also have 877 FLY NC26 as the airport manager number. Not too many calls on that, usually real estate brokers trying to find the HOA or someone wanting permission to land here or know if we have tiedowns/hangars available. Once in a great while it's the FAA (looking for a non-closed flight plan) or Homeland Security tracing a TFR violator.

I also run a company called Sensor Systems (software for remote sensing). There's another company in California with that name that sells GPS antennas. Every once and a while I get an EMAIL for them (not too many phone calls). I've subsequently met the VP of the "other" Sensor Systems.

I'm bad about recording my doctor's visits so I stopped by his office on Wednesday and they printed out the records for my last three years' visits.

That's exactly what I do. My doctor is really good about it, and it takes all of 10 minutes, and I have accurate information.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back