historical weather data

TMetzinger

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Tim
Is there a site where I can get the following for yesterday (4/3)?

Surface analysis
Radar Summary
725 and 500 mb wind charts
Airmets and Sigmets?

I've never tried to get what you're asking. I have successfully gotten archived metars off wunderground.com.

Is there a site where I can get the following for yesterday (4/3)?

Surface analysis
Radar Summary
725 and 500 mb wind charts
Airmets and Sigmets?

Tim, I think I asked about getting old metars once, but none of the things you asked about. The old metars were through Jesse's website, I think, though I didn't click the link. That was when I wanted to be sure I made the right decision by waiting an extra day to fly home (I wanted to look at the historical stuff from the day before).

Thanks to everyone. I found some actual data, and interpolated (that's the scientific term for "made it up") the rest.

Tim, there was a .gov site that was provided fairly recently on the DC pilots board. Search the archives within the last 30, 60, 90 days and I'm certain you'll find it, if it's not one of those listed above. The poster stated that data can be found back through the late 80's.

Thanks to everyone. I found some actual data, and interpolated

Are you going to tell us where you found those charts, Tim? Lots of us have been searching for them, for years.
It would be nice to find radar images during particular crashes, for example. Or even how the forecasters change a TAF during a day. Thanks.

It's not aviation-specific, but WEATHERSPARK.com is a very interesting weax site, with good historical stuff (and current, too). I don't think I've ever seen it mentioned here.
http://weatherspark.com

Back