Historical ASOS

the closest i have seen is (and it goes back 10+ years in some cases)
http://www.wunderground.com/history/

However, it will only give you one day at a time (as far as I can see).

edit if you mess with the custom tab, it will give you longer stretches of time

Last edited:
the closest i have seen is (and it goes back 10+ years in some cases)
http://www.wunderground.com/history/

However, it will only give you one day at a time (as far as I can see).

edit if you mess with the custom tab, it will give you longer stretches of time
Thanks! I thought this would be perfect. But alas, no ceiling info.

I can give you back to early 2009. Not quite 10 years.

I never found a good source that didn't jack the data all up so I finally started to capture and save all the data.

I can give you back to early 2009. Not quite 10 years.

I never found a good source that didn't jack the data all up so I finally started to capture and save all the data.
Thanks, Jesse. I do have some budget to pay for the data, so I'm hoping the National Climatic Data Center or something has it. I need 10 years to satisfy the FAA on a project I'm doing.

it might be buried in the comma-delimited file offered at the bottom. I see sky cover or some such.

I know you can download it from the FAA for free as I've done it before, I just can't remember where the link is. I'll search for it and post back here if I find it again.

There was a university web site posted here maybe 3 years ago that had historical METAR data... Lemme see if I can find it.

Spike,

You're definitely quicker on the draw than me. ;)

I also almost mis-credited it - The first post I found with the link was from Andrew Stanley, but in 2010 and I knew I'd seen it earlier... Then I saw that Kate had posted it sometime in '08, and I think that's the first time I saw it and clicked on it...

But Spike wins with the first post of that link to this board, on March 6, 2006.

So the question is, Spike... Where did you find it originally?

Spike,

You're definitely quicker on the draw than me. ;)

I also almost mis-credited it - The first post I found with the link was from Andrew Stanley, but in 2010 and I knew I'd seen it earlier... Then I saw that Kate had posted it sometime in '08, and I think that's the first time I saw it and clicked on it...

But Spike wins with the first post of that link to this board, on March 6, 2006.

So the question is, Spike... Where did you find it originally?

(Chuckle).

No wonder it had "deja vu all over again" feel to it. :goofy:

I guess I found it the same way both times - extreme Google-Fu.

Thanks guys. I re-read the contract and see that I need to used "approved" data, so I'm off to spend 80 bucks with NCDC...

Thanks guys. I re-read the contract and see that I need to used "approved" data, so I'm off to spend 80 bucks with NCDC...

Not cost-plus?

Back