Hired

spiderweb

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Ben
For whatever it is worth, I thought I would report that after a twenty-five year career in military/corporate/CFI aviation, my instructor applied for and got hired by Mesa. The pay is not so good the first year, but it goes up fast. The other option is to go to a major, but upgrades are slower there (as you all know). He'll be flying the CRJ700 I believe.

My condolences.

Seriously, I wish him well. Things are never as bad as people make them seem and probably not as good either. But it is a jet.

My condolences.

My initial thoughts as well. I just left the regionals for a job at 55 Inverness Drive. Those of you that get those little white envelopes (or CDs) every few weeks will know that address. Airlines are a tough business these days...in my 9 years with the airlines, I lost a lot of the desire I once had to fly (and I didn't even fly for the regionals). It was just seeing all the grief the pilots went through between being re-scheduled in the middle of a trip, to working 16 hour days...most of which was waiting for a gate, or waiting for ATC to release them after sitting in line for 3+ hours at LGA, ATL, JFK, etc...

Yep, I think I'm going to enjoy thinking about the fun of G.A. flying and leaving the airlines in the rear view mirror.

Anyways sorry for the tangent...best of luck for your instructor...my first 5 years were the best, so tell him to enjoy!!!

My condolences.

. . .

Seriously, I wish him well. Things are never as bad as people make them seem and probably not as good either. But it is a jet.

I guess we'll see how it pans out. ..

My initial thoughts as well. I just left the regionals for a job at 55 Inverness Drive. Those of you that get those little white envelopes (or CDs) every few weeks will know that address. Airlines are a tough business these days...in my 9 years with the airlines, I lost a lot of the desire I once had to fly (and I didn't even fly for the regionals). It was just seeing all the grief the pilots went through between being re-scheduled in the middle of a trip, to working 16 hour days...most of which was waiting for a gate, or waiting for ATC to release them after sitting in line for 3+ hours at LGA, ATL, JFK, etc...

Yep, I think I'm going to enjoy thinking about the fun of G.A. flying and leaving the airlines in the rear view mirror.

Anyways sorry for the tangent...best of luck for your instructor...my first 5 years were the best, so tell him to enjoy!!!

Uh oh.

(ditto that)
GA is the best.
Any questions?

Last edited:
My original Instructor (PP, IA), is a Cpt at Mesa, says they're alright by him, and that he enjoys the rapid advancement available and all the flying time.

Of course, it is not his "destination," he has that all engineered and planned, and expects to be flying widebodies to and from MEM a whole lot.

My initial thoughts as well. I just left the regionals for a job at 55 Inverness Drive.
Hello from the other side of the runways!

Those were my initial thoughts too. On the other hand, I admire people who can take a leap of faith like that later in life. If that's something he's always wanted to try, why not?

My initial thoughts as well. I just left the regionals for a job at 55 Inverness Drive.
Congrats! I've talked with folks in and out (and in and out again) re: database work a few times. Talked to HR on a couple of openings that fit my background like it was written for me ... never a call back. Beginning to think I was being blackballed down there by someone!
Anyway, best of luck!

Well, I think it is a good thing. I am going to miss him the next six weeks though!

My initial thoughts as well. I just left the regionals for a job at 55 Inverness Drive. ......It was just seeing all the grief the pilots went through between being re-scheduled in the middle of a trip, to working 16 hour days...most of which was waiting for a gate, or waiting for ATC to release them after sitting in line for 3+ hours at LGA, ATL, JFK, etc...
Hey no kidding!

Working for Boeing! :goofy:

Back