HIMS Step-Down

KeepWatch

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
KeepWatch
After it being mentioned in another thread, I'm wondering what the current outlook is for pilots who have received a step-down from OKC. I received an un-announced letter late last year containing a new SI that did away with annual HIMS psych-evaluations and aftercare. It added 2/week AA meetings which I was already doing on my own (throw me in the briar patch!). It also added 1 year to the expiration.

Just wondering what others have experienced and if anyone knows what the FAA is saying about what they plan to do after the SI expires. Of course, plans could (and probably will) change. But it is still relevant to know what they're thinking.

After it being mentioned in another thread, I'm wondering what the current outlook is for pilots who have received a step-down from OKC. I received an un-announced letter late last year containing a new SI that did away with annual HIMS psych-evaluations and aftercare. It added 2/week AA meetings which I was already doing on my own (throw me in the briar patch!). It also added 1 year to the expiration.

Just wondering what others have experienced and if anyone knows what the FAA is saying about what they plan to do after the SI expires. Of course, plans could (and probably will) change. But it is still relevant to know what they're thinking.

Out of curiosity, when were you originally granted an SI? Can I ask what were the original requirements of that SI? Did it just include the HIMS psych evals and aftercare?

Out of curiosity, when were you originally granted an SI? Can I ask what were the original requirements of that SI? Did it just include the HIMS psych evals and aftercare?

Late 2019 was original. It included quarterly visits with HIMS AME, aftercare, and annual HIMS psych evaluations. And testing, of course.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back