HIMS deferred medical wait time..

HIMSpilot

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
HIMSpilot
Hello. Anyone know of any improvements in deferred medical backlog, specifically in the HIMS area? From transmission of package, to SI?
Thank you!

DC is still interminably backlogged…..:(
That’s a shame. Thank you. What should I expect for wait time from submission of packet to issuance of SI, in your opinion? Class 1, alcohol issue, uncomplicated case, with no DUIs, or anything like that.

That’s a shame. Thank you. What should I expect for wait time from submission of packet to issuance of SI, in your opinion? Class 1, alcohol issue, uncomplicated case, with no DUIs, or anything like that.
Dr Bruce could probably be of better help if he knew exactly what the "alcohol issue" was. "No DUIs" doesn't really tell him much. May want to reach out to him off the forums.

Dr Bruce could probably be of better help if he knew exactly what the "alcohol issue" was. "No DUIs" doesn't really tell him much. May want to reach out to him off the forums.
Oops. Thought my reply was to him.. bbchien, right?

Hello. Anyone know of any improvements in deferred medical backlog, specifically in the HIMS area? From transmission of package, to SI?
Thank you!
Mine took four months but keep checking….it took almost a month to receive the official paper letter that is required !

Mine took four months but keep checking….it took almost a month to receive the official paper letter that is required !
Thanks great! I’m at four months right now. Alcohol, no DUIs, arrests, or anything legal. My AME and I submitted in May 2023. Here’s the thing. I am longer attached to an airline. Does this matter? I’m going for a first class with the intent of getting hired somewhere. May I ask for your timeline and whether you were employed as a pilot throughout the process? Thank you

If you are not employed by a part 121 airline with a HIMS program, Class 1 goes though OKC not Washington. That process stnads at about 200 days, currently. A clean new (goes to DC-HIMS, submitted through Huddle), is about eight months.

If you are not employed by a part 121 airline with a HIMS program, Class 1 goes though OKC not Washington. That process stnads at about 200 days, currently. A clean new (goes to DC-HIMS, submitted through Huddle), is about eight months.
Mine actually went to DC. Got a letter from FAS dated June 2nd. Everything was scanned in, in May. Not sure what Huddle is .. your above scenario appears like it’s quicker to NOT be with an airline. Assuming I’m reading it right. Also, I’ve had a cardiac SI from many years with no problems. I’ve been told that goes through OKC. I’ve previously sent it to region every year, with an approval within two weeks. Might that slow things down for me? Thank you for your help!

Mine actually went to DC. Got a letter from FAS dated June 2nd. Everything was scanned in, in May. Not sure what Huddle is .. your above scenario appears like it’s quicker to NOT be with an airline. Assuming I’m reading it right. Also, I’ve had a cardiac SI from many years with no problems. I’ve been told that goes through OKC. I’ve previously sent it to region every year, with an approval within two weeks. Might that slow things down for me? Thank you for your help!
I believe Huddle is the web portal that HIMS AME's use for HIMS case submissions.

Back