HIMS Current Timeline Writeup

AAQ

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
AnotherPoster
Hey everyone currently in the weeds of the HIMS/FAA medical backlog. I just got issued my 1st Class SI medical and thought I would do a write up of the timeline for y'all.

07/2020- Sought the help of an HIMS AME to help me with my medical. I knew at this time it would be a long process.

07/2020- Started doing everything the HIMS AME wanted me to do, which at the time was just starting a random drug/alcohol testing program.

06/2021- Finished ~1 year of random drug/alcohol testing and was ready to schedule appointments with the neuropsychologist and psychiatrist to do testing that my HIMS AME knew the FAA would ask for.

07/2021- Completed a 1st Class Physical.

08/2021- Did all the testing required including, core battery, cogscreen etc.

08/2021- All reports sent to FAA with no aeromedically significant conditions found by the doctors.

01/2022- FAA requested a report that I had already sent in, must resubmit with updated treatment records and progress notes.

04/2022- FAA requests report indicating that I understand that "I will do 'X' until the FAA deems it okay for me to discontinue 'X' ".

05/2022- FAA issues 1st Class Medical that expires in 07/22 because how old my physical evaluation was.

All this to say, my case was pretty cut and dry and I had every doctor I saw sign off on my ability to pilot an airplane. This process still took 10 months from initial deferral and almost 2 years from initial contact with my HIMS AME. Don't expect the FAA to be quick. I had a few helpful people answer the phone over my 100's of times calling them, however most weren't. The FAA's new MedXpress portal actually worked somewhat well for me at the end of my issuance cycle, it regularly updated and when approved, it know shows all the relevant information. The only way I was able to stomach this whole process was to forget about my application. I assumed that I would be denied and operated under that mindset so when I finally got letters from the FAA requesting more information, they weren't so heartbreaking. If you have any questions you can message me. Good luck to everyone out there that is still waiting.

When it came to the Medxpress, how long after your application was deemed in final review online did you actually get your approval? It says two days but I’m wondering what is actually going to happen..?

When it came to the Medxpress, how long after your application was deemed in final review online did you actually get your approval? It says two days but I’m wondering what is actually going to happen..?

Mine went from final review to approval in 2 weeks. I know it says 2 days however, it was not quite the case. Also, it showed up on the AIRMEN REGISTRY 2-3 days before it did on MedXpress. Hope this helps!

Awesome, thank you, it helps a lot! Since initially deferred it’s been over a year for SSRI path two, so when I saw it moved to final I didn’t want to get too excited… but two weeks is definitely better than what I thought it’d take. It’s only been in DC as of Mar 7. Thank you for the information!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back