Hilarous Auto Dictation Text Mistake to my CFI

VWGhiaBob

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
VWGhiaBob
:mad2::no::redface:

This has to be one of the funniest, most embarrassing, Siri mistakes ever. If weren't the one who did it, I wouldn't believe it. But it's true:

("Me" entries were transcribed by iPhone Siri...to shorten, this has been paraphrased a bit.)

Me (male): Can we do our advanced avionics lesson tomorrow?

CFI (conservative female): Certainly.

Me: Should we do it in my plane or at the FBO?

CFI: Let's do it at the FBO.

Me: Great I'll fu*% you on-line.

CFI: Excuse me?

I swear swear swear I said "Book" and not you know what. Lesson learned: Proof everything Siri does.

Luckily my CFI took it all with good humor after she learned I didn't really intend to do anything inappropriate to her on-line. Oh my. :redface:

Lol. So I think I have a guess as to who "unregistered" is on this thread. Trying to "accidentally" plant the seed in her head, I see...

Autocorrect on my Android phone doesn't include curse words. Sometimes a hindrance, but I think it's probably helped me more times than it's hurt.

Autocorrect on my Android phone doesn't include curse words. Sometimes a hindrance, but I think it's probably helped me more times than it's hurt.

If you type in curse words enough times it will remember them. I've had autocorrect type in some interesting things for me before, consisting of words that definitely aren't in any dictionary and that I dont use in front of grandma. Apparently I've used those words before.

A female friend of mine bought something from my dad and I. My dad's name is Rex. She texted me asking who to make the check out for. I replied "make the check out for sex". Doh!!

Autocorrect on my Android phone doesn't include curse words.

Easy to get rid of that "bug". You have to turn off the checkbox "block offensive words" in two separate places in settings: under keyboard settings and under voice settings. If needed, add your own curse words to private dictionary. :yes:

Easy to get rid of that "bug". You have to turn off the checkbox "block offensive words" in two separate places in settings: under keyboard settings and under voice settings. If needed, add your own curse words to private dictionary. :yes:
I wonder about the Android employee who sits in a cubicle all day and types "offensive words" into the filter database.

He probably doesn't get invited to Career Day at his kid's grade school.

Back