Hilarious obituary

Frank Browne

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
FB
Just got this via email and thought I'd share. Except for the deceased, I blanked out all other last names just in case.

Attachments

• obituary.JPG
    obituary.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 115
Last edited:
thats pretty funny frank. i always get bored with the serious canned obituaries.

Running away from his reputation? Sounds like me on the Spin Zone.:rofl:
ApacheBob

Just got this via email and thought I'd share. Except for the deceased, I blanked out all other last names just in case.

Dang, I'd like to read it but when I open the thumbnail, for a few seconds a large print copy comes up that's readable, then it switches to a full view of the column that's unreadable. Any suggestions?

I get a magnifying glass icon on the pointer ... click once zooms in enough to read

Dang, I'd like to read it but when I open the thumbnail, for a few seconds a large print copy comes up that's readable, then it switches to a full view of the column that's unreadable. Any suggestions?
What is your web browser? If IE6, put the cursor on the lower right of the pic, and it will show a box with arrows on it. click and it will make it full size. If IE7, your cursor on the pic will show a magnifying glass with a + in the middle. Click and it will show full size.

-or-

Go to tools -> internet options -> advanced, scroll halfway through the window to "Multimedia" and deselect "enable automatic image resizing" to make your browser stop doing this all the time.

Checking the Daily Star (a central New York Newspaper) here is their obit for Daniel Porter.

Porter III, Daniel R. Daniel R. Porter III, 76, passed away Nov. 21, 2006, at his home in Cooperstown.
He was born July 2, 1930, Northampton, Mass., son of Daniel and Eleanor (Parsons) Porter.
He married Joan J. Dornfeld on Nov. 22, 1958, in Madison, Wis.
He received a BA from the University of Massachusetts, Amherst, 1952; MA in history from University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, 1956.
He was a sergeant in the United States Army Ordinance Corps 1952-1954 and served in Korea.
He was a lifelong museum and historical agency administrator and professor, serving as director of the Historical Society of York, Pa. Director of the Ohio Historical Society and the Executive Director of the Preservation Society of Newport County, Rhode Island.
In 1978, he became professor and director of SUNY's Cooperstown Graduate Program in Museum Studies. From 1982-1992, he served as the director of the New York State Historical Association and The Farmers' Museum.
During his career, he was commissioner of the American Association of Museums Accreditation Commission and a board member of the American Association of Museums and American Association for State and Local History.
He is survived by his wife of 48 years, Joan (nee (Dornfeld); daughter Leslie Easton and her husband, Ed, of Coudersport, Pa.; his son, Andrew and his wife, Amy, of Cooperstown; four grandchildren; and his brother, Edward K. Porter, and his wife, Shirley, of Worthington, Mass.
He was predeceased by his sister, Janice Leroux, of Northampton, Mass.
At the request of Mr. Porter, there will be no funeral service.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Cooperstown Emergency Squad.

I liked the other one better.

What is your web browser? If IE6, put the cursor on the lower right of the pic, and it will show a box with arrows on it. click and it will make it full size. If IE7, your cursor on the pic will show a magnifying glass with a + in the middle. Click and it will show full size.

-or-

Go to tools -> internet options -> advanced, scroll halfway through the window to "Multimedia" and deselect "enable automatic image resizing" to make your browser stop doing this all the time.

Thanks, got to the zoom feature.

Back