Highway Landing

Very nice landing!

I don't understand all the emergency and highway department vehicles blocking traffic after there is clearly no emergency, but whatever.

Dump trucks at the accident scene is to prevent the texting drivers from plowing into first responders when they don't manage to look up from their screens in time.

Note the crash barriers behind them.

I call 'em pillow trucks. I don't know what the proper name is. The big steel box on back of the truck is rotated to the horizontal near the road surface. They absorb the impact when an inattentive driver blows into the scene.

Very nice landing!

I don't understand all the emergency and highway department vehicles blocking traffic after there is clearly no emergency, but whatever.
Agreed, great landing right on the centerline. :)
And I don't understand either why the authorities feel like they need to f*** up everyone's day by often closing a whole highway (or 3 out of 4 lanes) for a vehicle on the shoulder. Overreach in power for sure, marginal safety improvement.
The "pillow" trucks are actually a good idea, IMHO. They work well protecting the scene from a suicidal retard on a cellphone.

Around here when there's a fatal auto accident on the freeway the cops shut down all lanes of traffic for four to six hours.

How long does it take to spray some fluorescent paint, take photos, and measure distances? I think it's LEO power and authority run amok.

I'm becoming annoyed that the average person can't finish a sentence without dropping F-bombs. Are we that ignorant?

Around here when there's a fatal auto accident on the freeway the cops shut down all lanes of traffic for four to six hours.

How long does it take to spray some fluorescent paint, take photos, and measure distances? I think it's LEO power and authority run amok.

Doesn't even need to be fatal around here anymore... they'll all stand around for hours after minor fender benders. There's zero incentive to scoop-and-go anymore.

We use them around big events here to prevent people with bad intentions from driving their vehicles purposefully into crowds, but I've never heard of them used around car accidents or other smaller type events.

Dump trucks are cheaper roadblocks than $500,000 to $750,000 fire engines... thats why they may be using them up there.. and given up north the roads need winter time ice treatment, the DOT/cities probably have a much larger fleet of dump trucks than we do down here in the south..

Back