Highly Respected Aviation Universities & Colleges

I've done a lot of research on this as I stated earlier in this thread and others. It became quite clear the UND, WMU, and Purdue are a cut above in terms of aviation programs while other schools like OSU (just got a $10 million dollar grant to improve the facilities), LA Tech, and MSU to name a few are not at all far behind. There are so many good aviation programs and my advice would be to VISIT the ones you are most interested in. I almost didn't go to UND but now, because of my visit and talking to graduates, and current students, it's my top choice. On the other hand I was able to rule out Purdue after my visit.

Unless it is an Ivy all school prestige is local. If you don't plan on living near there it doesn't matter where you go. Debt load is more important then notions of .1 level better schools.

I'm surprised I have seen my (temporary) home drome's school, which is pretty well regarded:

Lewis University (KLOT)

My first flight instructor was a graduate of Bowling Green State University. They have a great flight school there, too.

I was expecting ARFlyer to chime in. He went thru this program.

HSU Aviation - Henderson State University
www.hsu.edu/aviation/
Henderson State University
Aviation. Henderson's Department of Aviation is Arkansas's only university program that offers a four-year bachelor of science degree specifically in aviation.

Back