High Speed Trains

Skip Miller

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Skip Miller
We joke about cars passing us as we battle a headwind. Here's a train that will pass me when flying with a tailwind! :eek:

"A high-speed French train with a souped-up engine and wheels broke the world speed record Tuesday for conventional rail trains, reaching 357.2 mph."

-Skip

We joke about cars passing us as we battle a headwind. Here's a train that will pass me when flying with a tailwind! :eek:

"A high-speed French train with a souped-up engine and wheels broke the world speed record Tuesday for conventional rail trains, reaching 357.2 mph."

-Skip
I heard about this on the radio a bit ago. It has an engine rated at 25,000 horsepower.

"Eighty-eight miles an hour? Why in the blazes of glory would anybody wanna go that fast?"

So much for walking on the railroad tracks like we use to as kids.
By the time you hear the train, it already hit you.

this is steve fawcetts (sp?) next challenge. break the speed of sound on rails...

this is steve fawcetts (sp?) next challenge. break the speed of sound on rails...

The challenge would be in laying the rails, not in the motive unit. I'm not sure it hasn't been done with a rocket sled, just not manned.

Back