High speed pass

TangoWhiskey

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
3Green
Or, "how to scare the **** out of some people enjoying a hot air balloon ride". I shudder to think what would have happened if he had hit the envelope...

Assuming they even noticed...no engine that makes noise and he zipped by them quickly.

He should use the jet-powered suit for greater impact when buzzing balloons

Last edited:
i hope he was just screaming as he flew by! AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Or, "how to scare the **** out of some people enjoying a hot air balloon ride".

Doubt it - He jumped out of one balloon to "buzz" another... I bet the whole thing was planned. Especially because the 2nd balloon was still high enough that the jumper could pull his chute after buzzing and not go splat. Someone who's "out enjoying a hot air balloon ride" is probably going to be significantly lower than that.

Hum, by the title I thought it was going to be something about Kent...

Don't worry, someone here will be sending this video to the FAA and complaining. :rolleyes:

Only partially correct. Multiple low time pilots who know all will be sending this to the FAA and then to elected representatives.

Cool. Points if you can figure out the FAR violation. We need a committee to rewrite the right of way rules and figure out where wingsuits and balloons fit in.:no:

Nope. There is a cut and dried violation. Not careless and reckless or formation without permission. For the latter I'd guess both balloons were in on it, but I don't have any inside knowledge.

wingsuit is probably more manueverable than the balloon anyway. usually these guys are buzzing rocks, hitting the balloon is probably a lot more survivable. wingsuit guys make a *clink clink* sound when they walk.

I'll spill the beans. Balloon pilot is guilty of allowing someone to jump with Non-TSO'd gear. That was a single canopy base rig. No harm no foul. If the jumper was killed it would be something to hang on the pilot other than that no harm no foul.

Section 105.5: General.

No person may conduct a parachute operation, and no pilot in command of an aircraft may allow a parachute operation to be conducted from an aircraft, if that operation creates a hazard to air traffic or to persons or property on the surface.

A falling jumper makes a TON of noise. 100+mph relative wind, nylon suit flappin and poppin. You can hear them well before they pull their chutes from the ground.

Winged suit guy= "dirt dart"
Yep, it's fun till someone get's hurt -- then it's hilarious:rofl:
I'm afraid " Mr. Wiley Coyote" in the Acme bat suit going 100mph plus would definitely take down that balloon.

Look at the original video.. it was in FINLAND !!!
The FAA really cares about what happens in Finland.

Back