high school Transcripts

J

Jeff W

I got a letter from the FAA asking for "a current narrative status report regarding your history of ADHD from your treating physician" and to submit "ALL records pertaining to your history of ADHD.

I was thinking about sending my high school transcripts as a record. My hope here is that this will show that I was functional in school before I got myself medicated in college. Since this is not a medical record, is this relevant?

the letter did not mention anything about "this medication you reported is disqualifying" or to undergo the Cogscreen or neuropsychological testing. this is completely different from what I have seen on this forum.

If they didn't ask for it don't send it. Just my opinion.

I got a letter from the FAA asking for "a current narrative status report regarding your history of ADHD from your treating physician" and to submit "ALL records pertaining to your history of ADHD.

I was thinking about sending my high school transcripts as a record. My hope here is that this will show that I was functional in school before I got myself medicated in college. Since this is not a medical record, is this relevant?

the letter did not mention anything about "this medication you reported is disqualifying" or to undergo the Cogscreen or neuropsychological testing. this is completely different from what I have seen on this forum.
The transcripts are likely to be rejected.... as the medical reviewers aren't going to have a useful measurement to compare that information too. And it is likely not what they are asking for.

In addition to your treating physician, you need to be working with the right (and best) Senior AME for your situation. It is s/he you need to be asking this question to. None of us (with the exception Doctors Bruce and Lou) are even anywhere close to properly equipped to answer the question.

transcripts are not needed. Work with a senior AME and knowledgeable in ADHD.

that was the FAA's 1st pass, more instruction will be made by them when you provide their initial requests.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back