High on final, overshooting final.

Most of them look fine to me. Landed with plenty of grass left.

If you're high, don't dive bomb the runway. Go around. You should always be primed to go around and if you if you think "should I go around", the answer is yes.

Dodging trees wit the stall horn blaring just isn't my idea of a fun Saturday afternoon. May the Force be with with you.

I just watched the first two landings, but looked fine to me, too. I'd much rather be a little high than low, especially around trees. Gives you a bit of extra energy and room to compensate for shifting winds when you get near and below the trees.

I just can't get around the fact that on the missed landing, there are no hands on the yokes or power leavers. This has got to be very good graphics on a simulator.

I just can't get around the fact that on the missed landing, there are no hands on the yokes or power leavers. This has got to be very good graphics on a simulator.

No kidding. Graphics are amazing. What version of sim was that?

It requires a profound lack of judgement that most airmen possess in spades if they survive long enough.

Please inform working bush pilots that they need to dial their abilities way down to YOUR level. :rolleyes:

When I first started, my instructor used to call my approaches to final, space shuttle approaches. I jokingly told him it was his fault for showing me how to lose a bunch of altitude by slipping the plane.

Back