Hi!

eman1200

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Bro do you even lift
Hi everyone. I just registered here on PoA. I have lots and lots of questions, but being that I just registered I'm gonna do some searching for questions before I post them so hopefully I avoid dupes.

I am probably your typical person who is interested in becoming a private pilot, but would like to talk to seasoned pro's before I jump in full bore.

So, I'm eman1200, hope to get involved in the aviation and PoA community soon!

Welcome! You will find a wealth of knoweledge and a few opinions here too :). Looking forward to hearing more as you journey towards your goal.

And feel free to post; most everything has already been discussed at some point on here, but that doesn't stop us from re-beating the subject to death!

Welcome to the community! Glad to see another member from nearby!

Hello and welcome to PoA.

Let me start by forewarning you that there are many topics that can start a war of opinions. :rolleyes2:
If you're ever in doubt or confused from the myriad of answers that you may recieve, you
can be sure that my answer is always the correct answer. :rofl:

All kidding aside I hope you find exactly what you're looking for and that in the end you succeed at your ultimate objective.:yesnod:

Hi everyone. I just registered here on PoA. I have lots and lots of questions, but being that I just registered I'm gonna do some searching for questions before I post them so hopefully I avoid dupes.

I am probably your typical person who is interested in becoming a private pilot, but would like to talk to seasoned pro's before I jump in full bore.

So, I'm eman1200, hope to get involved in the aviation and PoA community soon!

Nothing typical about becoming a PPL. Less than 1% of the population become pilots. You have distingused yourself as a 1%er. :D

Welcome to PoA!!! There are few rules here, the three most important to remember are: 1.) There are no silly questions. 2.) Take nothing personally. 3.) Helicopter pilots are the pinnacle of human development. :D

LOL, thanks for the replies. I understand about starting opinion wars, I guess a typical example for a newbee like me is 'high wing or low wing?'. I don't wanna start that war just yet, although it is a valid question. I'll get more specific with a few things shortly.

'high wing or low wing?'

THISGONBGUD.gif

Welcome to PoA!

Hi, welcome. I’m new here myself and have already received valuable information and advice. Enjoy!

LOL, thanks for the replies. I understand about starting opinion wars, I guess a typical example for a newbee like me is 'high wing or low wing?'. I don't wanna start that war just yet, although it is a valid question. I'll get more specific with a few things shortly.

Answer: Whichever is most convenient/affordable. They both fly just fine. No matter what you learn in, you'll end up flying both at some point in time.

Welcome aboard.

Just find a CFI with whom you get along at a place that's (relatively) cheap, and nothing else really matters (e.g. high-wing/low-wing, towered/non-towered).

Don't start a war just fly a bi-plane then everybody is happy. Don

thanks y'all!

is it bad that I'm supposed to be working but listening to atc instead? :)

thanks y'all!

That's a mild symptom of the full-on sickness you're about to experience. Just wait till you see what this site does to your productivity.

That's a mild symptom of the full-on sickness you're about to experience. Just wait till you see what this site does to your productivity.
Working at an FBO, I am highly encouraged to have aviation sickness.

Well, if you buckle down and do your work, there is a much higher chance that you will eventually end up being able to afford flying.

:confused: was this intended for the OP? Listening to ground & tower at Newark & LaGuardia airports, was REQUIRED as a field electrician!!! :D

thanks y'all!

Well, if you buckle down and do your work, there is a much higher chance that you will eventually end up being able to afford flying.

:confused: was this intended for the OP? Listening to ground & tower at Newark & LaGuardia airports, was REQUIRED as a field electrician!!! :D

LOL, my bad. Clicked the wrong clicker. Or as we say in Miami, "Toca bien, chico, no jodas mas!"

If I didn't have two kids in college, maybe I could afford to fly MORE! :rolleyes::rofl:

My caution to the OP comes from experience. I am pretty much a retired slacker and can't afford near as much flying as had I actually pursued my career instead of drifting along in it. Serious moment has passed. :rofl:

My caution to the OP comes from experience. I am pretty much a retired slacker and can't afford near as much flying as had I actually pursued my career instead of drifting along in it. Serious moment has passed. :rofl:

That's true and I can relate. Had I continued past Electrician ( now Systems Controller), and got my electrical engineering degree, I could afford to own a plane instead of rent. But I'm fortunate to have a rewarding career, so I'm greatful for that!
27 years this May.

Last edited:

well this certainly was a topic I wanted to discuss, so I think I'll start a new thread on it.

thanks to everyone for the warm welcome. I can already see there are a lot of knowledgeable people on this forum, who also don't mind busting chops at the same time :)

Back