Hi! New member here.

Aeric

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Aeric
Hello Pilots Of America. I am a newly minted (Last November) Private Pilot. I've read the boards for a little while, and the questions have been piling up in my head so I've joined. I am also the proud owner of a C-150L, so no shortage of discussion material there.

Hello Pilots Of America. I am a newly minted (Last November) Private Pilot. I've read the boards for a little while, and the questions have been piling up in my head so I've joined. I am also the proud owner of a C-150L, so no shortage of discussion material there.

Welcome to POA! I just started flying a 150 and am in the "SF Bay Area" like you.

See here:

http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47354

Where do you fly out of? I love meeting new pilots.

I fly out of PAO. Nice little airfield, you should fly over sometime, from wherever you fly out of :) I think you'll like the 150, I like the 40 degrees of flaps versus the 30 on the 152, it makes a big difference. Be careful with go-arounds with 40 though.

I fly out of PAO. Nice little airfield, you should fly over sometime, from wherever you fly out of :) I think you'll like the 150, I like the 40 degrees of flaps versus the 30 on the 152, it makes a big difference. Be careful with go-arounds with 40 though.

I have been to Palo Alto, as a passenger, but it seems too busy for me. I would pay too much to fly down there and be cleared to land / take off with 10 other planes in the pattern! That and I am unfamiliar dealing with an airport so close to 2 Charlies and one Bravo. If I do go to PAO, I'll drive. Much faster. I'd drive from SF or Mill Valley. To fly I'd have to drive North 30 - 45 minutes to Petaluma, then fly back down South.

Kimberly

Howdy, Aeric- welcome to our nut house.

Tell us more about your little ol' self....

Welcome............... my suggestion is to order a years worth of Prozac now to get you through the first 2 months on here.:rofl::rofl::goofy:

Ben.

How would I ground a pilot?

With one of these:

27319807_6708912.jpg

:goofy::goofy::goofy:

About me...just another guy who has always been interested in airplanes and saved up enough to learn how to fly without going into debt (not too badly). Went and bought a nice little 150, all my friends said "just do it", when I asked about the wisdom of doing so. The one person who said it wasn't the greatest idea was my CFI, sometimes I think she was right. But overall and so far, it's been a learning experience like no other.
Oh, and I do like the banter, joking and lively discussions on these boards.
Thanks for the welcome!
Eric

Welcome Aeric. I have a good friend who keeps his airplane at KPAO.

Went and bought a nice little 150, all my friends said "just do it", when I asked about the wisdom of doing so. The one person who said it wasn't the greatest idea was my CFI, sometimes I think she was right. But overall and so far, it's been a learning experience like no other.
Thanks for the welcome!
Eric
Pictures! We need pictures of the bird.
Welcome, from the snow bunny side of the country, except that we don't have any snow, just the bunnies.

HR (Skyhawk N7872G)

Ha, ha, yes it is. I was not able to attach a picture to this reply (I'm too new I guess), but I took a pic today after flying and put the picture in an album in my profile. Just an iphone picture, but that's all I had.

Back