Hi everyone...

synclavier

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
KanuterValve
I'm Joel. I'm a helicopter A&P from Arizona who's in the process of buying a 1963 Cessna 150C project plane. I've been reading some posts on this site and it seems there are plenty of good, knowledgeable folk here. I hope I can share my experience of getting the old girl flying again and learn a thing or three along the way. Hope everyone's having a good Sunday.

I'm Joel. I'm a helicopter A&P from Arizona who's in the process of buying a 1963 Cessna 150C project plane. I've been reading some posts on this site and it seems there are plenty of good, knowledgeable folk here. I hope I can share my experience of getting the old girl flying again and learn a thing or three along the way. Hope everyone's having a good Sunday.

Welcome! And remember...

:needpics:

Welcome to the forum,wishing you luck with your project.

Welcome Joel. It is nice to see there are people that enjoy restoring worthy airplanes.

I'm having trouble uploading pics from google. I'll try again later.

Okay, I give up, what is a kanuter valve? ;)

It that one of them fancy helo parts?

Last edited:
Some of the best A&P advice I've seen is on the Cessna Pilots Association. CPA is loaded is A&Ps, many with IA's. They mostly talk, 182, 210, 337 but if you were to put the effort into leashing them into your 150 project via lots of pictures (mechanics love pictures) they would be a lot of help.

That being said, I've done just about everything one could think of short of heavy sheet metal repairs to a Cessna 150B.

Joel, Welcome to Pilots of America. Glad you found us. We'll be interested to hear how the project progresses.

Best of luck on your project! Do, please, keep us apprised of your progress.

And please, allow me to add to the message: Welcome to PoA!

Spike

Would an admin please help with a image posting problem? I looked in the posting rules box and it says that I may not post attachments. Can someone please change that? Thanks!

Would an admin please help with a image posting problem? I looked in the posting rules box and it says that I may not post attachments. Can someone please change that? Thanks!

I think you need 10 or more posts before it will let you post pictures so just keep talking.

Brian's got it. Look at this from the POA main page: If you are relatively new to Pilots of America and can not post, please go to the Registration Problems forum and post a request for access. This step is necessary for members who registered using a known free email service, as an extra step to prevent non-human registrations.

And welcome! -Skip

Welcome to the board.
Since you are a Helo A&P I will cast my vote for an AutoRotor conversion of the Cessna

Attachments

• tumblr_ks5bm6DvkH1qa7mc3o1_500.jpg
    tumblr_ks5bm6DvkH1qa7mc3o1_500.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 5
Back