Hey ya'll

deafsound

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
i arrrghhmmmmpppth
I passed my commercial checkride today. I'm glad it's over. I proved to myself yet again, that I am a bonehead when it comes to oral exams, but I can fly the plane well.
Off to hunt for some work. If anyone needs a ferry pilot.............

One crushed roll and a cymbal crash, please...

Congrats, DW!

Congratulations!!!!

Secondly your thread title is wrong. "Hey y'all": is singular, it should be the plural form that you want, "Hey y'alls".

FYI the plural possesive form of y'all is "all y'alls"

:D:yes::D:yes:

deafsound said:
Off to hunt for some work. If anyone needs a ferry pilot.............

Congratulations.

Find a way to collect ~25 hours of C182 time and meanwhile start visiting the local dropzones. Most skydiver outfits would welcome a good pilot.

smigaldi said:
Congratulations!!!!

Secondly your thread title is wrong. "Hey y'all": is singular, it should be the plural form that you want, "Hey y'alls".

FYI the plural possesive ( is this spelled right?)form of y'all is "all y'alls"

Perhaps in one of the five boroughs, but here in the south y"all is short for you ALL

Thanks for the fast responses.
I think I'm ok with misusing slang, no? :p
I will definetly try and get out to the drop zones. Too bad the closest drop zone uses a Twin Otter. There is an outfit that uses a 182 nearby (although it might be a 210)
I need to find a way to score some cheap 182 time in the meanwhile.

Just remember, if you fly jumpers, you are liable for everything that they do when they exit the airplane and until they are safely on the ground.

If they hit an another airplane, or another jumper, or they kill themselves, it is your butt that is in the sling and gets sued.

Sho'nuff is...

Hey, Dave, you might need to study up before vistin' these here parts...

http://www.yall.com/

:)

igottafly said:
Perhaps in one of the five boroughs, but here in the south y"all is short for you ALL

Last edited:
smigaldi said:
Congratulations!!!!

FYI the plural possesive form of y'all is "all y'alls"

No it's not! It's hey you'ens!! Or at least that is how we do in Arkansas.

igottafly said:
Not sure what boroughs you are talking about, I growed up in Mississippi and Florida, and lived in Texas for a spell too, now I live up north.

Last edited:
Congratulations deaf! Woohoo!!!

not to derail, but we've had the y'all conversation before. It must be region specific, because here, it's y'all. No all y'all or any other form, it's y'all. You all. Y'all.

Derail over - who's gonna be your first paying passenger?

Pardon the Ya'll thing--I'm a durned yankee!
But according to my girlfriend who's from Albany, Georgia

if you walk into a room full of people and say hi to everyone at once, it's "Hi ya'll"
if you're talking about something that someone owns, you'd say "is that ya'lls guitar"
Anyway, no passengers at this point--just hoping for a few ferry gigs, and there's a traffic reporting job avialable from time to time up this way. We'll see what happens. Meanwhile, I'm listening to some Zeppelin, that makes me happy.
ya'll

Richard said:
Congratulations, David. You care to expand on how the checkride went?
The oral was bad, the flying was fine.
The oral had me stumbling over words and doing bad math, and trying to remember the VFR mins for class g airspace below 10k'. I can tell you that the FAA's mins are lower than mine. Also, I do bad math when rushed (had to do a W/B really quickly).
The flying part involved a few landings, a chandelle, a steep turn and some 8s on pylons. No lazy 8s. They all went well.
There was one small goof that I'm not going to admit here. Maybe I'll explain in person if I ever meet anyone here that wants to know.

All in all, it was ok. Even tho' I'm an idiot when it comes to rattling off regs and whatnot, I know I'm a pretty safe and competent pilot who's not in any hurry to do anything too stupid.

Thanks to ya'll(s) for the congrats!

Sorry to hear you were hurried. So, allow me to say this:

Just as you are PIC in the aircraft (and you will be tested to demonstrate what it really means it be PIC) you are also in command in the oral portions of any evaluation of your knowledge. It is within your powers to alter the pace.

That goes for eveyone, not just you, David. WRT the hurried W&B calc, perhaps the DE was using that to test your PIC skills. Perhaps he was purposely rushing you.

More on the 'y'all' thing

Go take the yankee test, http://www.alphadictionary.com/articles/yankeetest.html

While I have been living up north for a quite a spell now I still scored well.
88% Dixie. Do you still use Confederate money?
Let's see how all y'alls* do??

There are few words that have creeped into my language that I was surprised to see are very regional and are from where I hve lived. It is interesting to see how society can affect your speech patterns.

*Surprised no one has figured out where this is from yet. Think a more modern Jerry Clower.

Last edited:
Your assignment, Mr. W, should you decide to accept it, is to have read and understood:

http://netsquirrel.com/crispen/word.html

prior to future travel beyond the M & D Line.

This should ensure anonymity among the locals.

deafsound said:
Pardon the Ya'll thing--I'm a durned yankee!
But according to my girlfriend who's from Albany, Georgia

if you walk into a room full of people and say hi to everyone at once, it's "Hi ya'll"
if you're talking about something that someone owns, you'd say "is that ya'lls guitar"
Anyway, no passengers at this point--just hoping for a few ferry gigs, and there's a traffic reporting job avialable from time to time up this way. We'll see what happens. Meanwhile, I'm listening to some Zeppelin, that makes me happy.
ya'll

Ah-ite, Ima gone git me a dubba-wide and move ta tensy.

If'n you do move to Tensy, remember: Y'all is the only form of the word you'll ever really hear. People may write "all y'all" but you'll never hear it:

Singular: Y'all gonna help me fix my truck?
Plural: Y'all need to stop screwing around and listen to your momma!
Possessive: Is that y'all's tractor?

SkyHog said:
If'n you do move to Tensy, remember: Y'all is the only form of the word you'll ever really hear. People may write "all y'all" but you'll never hear it:

Singular: Y'all gonna help me fix my truck?
Plural: Y'all need to stop screwing around and listen to your momma!
Possessive: Is that y'all's tractor?
Nick, you just gave me an idea. What if the FAR/AIM was written that way.

EX: 91.103 STUFF TO KNOW
Y'all best knowd whacha doing before even startin the injun. Didn't y'all poppa teach yoo nuttin. Stuff y'all need to learnt is stuff like, know where y'all aprt is from here and how much gas y'all need to get thar. I sware, y'all dummer n a box arocks ifn y'all don pay any atenshun to how long the runway is befor n y'all try an land. An y'all best be ready to do sumpin else when thar be clouds. Stuff like that.

Richard - you think money could be made by a redneck translation of the Code of Federal Regulations (not just CFR14)?

I bet people'd buy it.

SkyHog said:
Richard - you think money could be made by a redneck translation of the Code of Federal Regulations (not just CFR14)?

I bet people'd buy it.
If it didn't take too many hours to 'translate' it, you could make money.

But why stop there? You could franchise: CFR for Dummies; CFR for Rednecks; CFR for Culturally Elite; CFR fo po innercity disadvantaged homies; CFR for Foriegners. And last but not least, CFR for Applicants Who Need to Know This Stuff But Just Read Enough to Pass The Test.

Richard said:
SkyHog said:

I bet people'd buy it.
If it didn't take too many hours to 'translate' it, you could make money.

But why stop there? You could franchise: CFR for Dummies; CFR for Rednecks; CFR for Culturally Elite; CFR fo po innercity disadvantaged homies; CFR for Foriegners. And last but not least, CFR for Applicants Who Need to Know This Stuff But Just Read Enough to Pass The Test.
Here ya go!

Attachments

• CAODM9L2.png
    CAODM9L2.png
    30.1 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Back