Hey there!

studiomusic

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
StudioMusic
Hey there, just introducing myself to the boards...
Just passed the written test last week.
Have 21 hours right now. Trying to get 'er done this year.
Also looking to buy my first plane... :yikes:
Professionally, I'm an Audio/Video Engineer/Producer... anything audio or video is my domain. Been doing the audio side professionally for 20 years, video for 4.
Looks like a nice place to hang out around here!

Hi.... Welcome to the best place on the internet for pilots... Passing the written is a great first step to a lifetime of flying bliss.... Now,, don't stop till you have your PP ticket.

Ben
Jackson Hole Wy.

Welcome! As a fairly new pilot, I have to say that getting my PPL, along with purchasing an airplane (already on my second) has been one of the most rewarding experiences of my life...wishing the same for you.

Welcome Chris. Sounds like we've got a lot in common. I have about 25 hours, and have worked in studios since I was in my 20's. As a musician, not an engineer, although I did help do some mixdowns with some of the producers. I still play, but haven't done anything in the studio for awhile. I think you'll like hanging out here.

What kind of audio production? My brother is a whiz with pro tools / a bunch of other programs and recording stuff

You with the stars in your eyes
Love never made a fool of you
You used to be too wise......

Rosemary Clooney

I couldn't resist.
Welcome Chris!!

What kind of audio production? My brother is a whiz with pro tools / a bunch of other programs and recording stuff

ProTools HD, Final Cut Pro, After Effects...
We make educational software. I'm in charge of all the audio and video.

I used to do all the in-store radio programming and ads for Kroger, Safeway, Duane Reade, etc. Over 5000 'stations' total. So if you were in any big grocery/drug store in 2000-2003, you probably heard my voice on a few ads!

Howdy Chris.

Want to make some disparaging comments about what Apple has done to Final Cut? ;)

Welcome!

You know, I am actually convinced that the new version is the future.
That being said, the shouldn't have EOL the precedent version until they had implemented more features in FCPX.
Just the ability to open older projects and export an OMF/EDL would make this a killer new app. How hard can that be to put in there? :confused:
Hard enough I guess...

Last edited:
Yeah. It's a complete rewrite, so should be treated under the "never install version 1 of anything in a Production environment" rule until the first major revision is out and patched for stability issues. ;)

Welcome aboard, Chris! :)

Yeah. It's a complete rewrite, so should be treated under the "never install version 1 of anything in a Production environment" rule until the first major revision is out and patched for stability issues. ;)

Well, kinda like the "new" iMovie I guess. It couldn't do everything the old iMovie did, but what it could do, it generally did WAY better. Now, the "new" is a good product.

Back