Hey Spike!

tonycondon

Gastons CRO (Chief Dinner Reservation Officer)
Display Name

Display name:
Tony
Happy Birthday man! Hope you celebrate responsibly :cheerswine:

Whoop dee do! I hope you party like a Texan should. Happy Birthday to a fine gentelman, Pilot and advocate.

Happy Birthday, Spike.... :cheerswine:

now stay away from those cowgirls... ;)

Have a great birthday!

tonycondon said:
Happy Birthday man! Hope you celebrate responsibly :cheerswine:
Around here, any birthday is an excuse for the whole office to go out to eat at lunchtime (and yes, the firm is buying).

Today, it was Benihana.

Sushi for Spike, belly is full (wassabe?), spirit is willing, eyelids are droopy, maybe 'tis time for my afternoon nap...

...(fades away, sounds of soft harp music, visions of beautiful... airplanes.... drift across his mind...)

---

Good day to reflect and recognize: I have it pretty good in this life. Thanks, y'all, for being an important part of it. :yes:

Spike,

You mean the firm doesn't have a policy that your birthday is a holiday? How could they not give you the day off? :) :)

Seriously, I worked for a professional services firm one time that declared that your birthday was a personal holiday if you so chose, in addition to the regular calendar holidays. I liked that policy... :)

wsuffa said:
Spike,

You mean the firm doesn't have a policy that your birthday is a holiday? How could they not give you the day off? :) :)

Seriously, I worked for a professional services firm one time that declared that your birthday was a personal holiday if you so chose, in addition to the regular calendar holidays. I liked that policy... :)

Shucks, Bill, folks around here would have to actually do *work* before they could be entitled to a day off!

--

And another "present" just given- Debonair is now open this weekend, so our travels (ADS-AUS-T82 Friday, T82-AUS-ADS Sunday) will now be done at adequate speed and (in this weather, most importantly) climb rate!

Was going to be in Cherokee, which beats walking but...

SCCutler said:
And another "present" just given- Debonair is now open this weekend, so our travels (ADS-AUS-T82 Friday, T82-AUS-ADS Sunday) will now be done at adequate speed and (in this weather, most importantly) climb rate!

Was going to be in Cherokee, which beats walking but...

Hope you have a good trip. It's DRY down here.

Say, isn't this the week that UT grads have to pay homage to the Tower massacre? 40 years, no? ;)

UH OH, its someone's birfday!!!

Way to get just a little older, Spike!

Yeah, Spike!

Couldnt getcha on the phone so I hope that means youre out whoopin it up, youngster!!

Well, it was a nice day.

Got some cool stuff- an adapter to use the cell phone with headset, a Jerry Jeff Walker greatest hits CD, a raft of good books, pineapple upside-down cake (or "pineside downapple cake," as I am wont to call it). Cards, phone calls, happy times...

Went for a walk, found good "rustic" side table in someone else's "curbside" trash, perfect for the new log cabin in Fredericksburg. Recycling- bueno.

Here's the funny thing- last week, got an email from the editor of the DFW Construction News asking for "what I did in the summer" stories and pics- I sent a few along from Gaston's, told her a little about the weekend. What I forgot, was that this new editor does not know me by face (the old one, I knew well). She used *only* one picture. I got better-looking...

Attachments

• August 2006 DFW Construction News - page 12.pdf
    252.6 KB · Views: 16
SCCutler said:
She used *only* one picture. I got better-looking...

Bwahahaha! Spike, you've been holding out on us, please bring your Extra to Gastons this year, ok???

Glad you had a good day!

Back