Hey @salty

N659HB

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Pops
How about an update on your OH? Enquiring minds, you know. ;)

But seriously, hope things are going well. The repairs for my A65 took five months!

Excruciatingly slow. I've ended up doing a lot more than I first planned. Everything in front of the firewall will be new or overhauled to like new.

I'm having trouble sourcing a new camshaft, and the crankshaft work is taking about 6 weeks longer than they told me it would. I have most all the other parts now except the new prop hub (buying a new hub to get rid of the 100 hour AD on the old one), but the hub isn't blocking me from progressing as the crank and cam are.

I had a camshaft on backorder for a month, the date came and went and then they said it would be another month. Need to make a bunch of calls on Monday to figure out what's the deal.

I ended up working with 7 different vendors and have a notebook full of documentation already. I'm glad I'm doing it myself, but it is an incredible amount of paperwork and coordination, and we haven't even started assembly yet.

Thank for update. These old planes can sometimes require enormous persistence and patience. Ask Ted. :D
Look forward to hearing more on your progress, and that you have it flying again!

Of course we all could dispense with this by shelling out $800k for a Cirrus, LOL.

Back