Hey Mari

Jesse, I spotted something that you may need to work on.

It doesn't appear as if you're tracking the runway centerline on takeoff.

Oh, and I guess there was also the engine fire...but it doesn't look as if that did too much damage.

I'd say you're ready.

Ha.. You must be bored from messing with the snow, too.

Not until you learn to retract the gear after taking off. :)

I did. It seemed to be a bug of the video playback feature in FS X. For some reason it wouldn't show the retraction taking place. I actually had trouble getting the gear down when I did that engine fire. They came down half way and stopped. It could be a bug or it could be something they are trying to simulate?

Also maybe they won't come up when you're inverted....no idea why that would be.

Last edited:
I asked Jesse about that. Something with FSX's playback not showing it. According to him he did retract the gear.

If he did forget I find it pretty impressive that the Lear will climb inverted with the gear out.

I did. It seemed to be a bug of the video playback feature in FS X. For some reason it wouldn't show the retraction taking place.
Hmmm... Back to the computer drawing board for them!

engine fire? that's what that was? I thought you switched from a Lear to an F-4 ... looked like a normal Phantom approach to me!

Hey, that was cool! :yes:

If you'd have strung a ribbon across the runway, Patty Wagstaff probably would have been miffed. ;)

Also maybe they won't come up when you're inverted....no idea why that would be.
Maybe the weight of the gear compresses the struts enough to contact the squat switches although that doesn't sound too likely. Really, I have no idea. It's a computer, not an airplane. Normally though, it's positive rate, gear up, before you start rolling inverted. :eek:

Normally though, it's positive rate, gear up, before you start rolling inverted. :eek:

You sound guilty of something :)

Actually I *think* they did retract when I did it. I recorded it in flight sim and played it back. In the playback of the recording I just don't think it reflected it. The "recording" in flightsim isn't an actual video recording it's more of a repeat of the same thing through the game's engine. I recorded the video with an actual video camera up to my monitor.

Mari: "Denver Center, Lear Jet 12345 request"

DC: "Lear 12345 go ahead with request"

Mari: "I'm going to need and altitude block to see what this puppy can do" :)

See if it was Mari flying, there would be passengers having sex in the back...while the plane was inverted.:p

You sound guilty of something :)

Actually I *think* they did retract when I did it. I recorded it in flight sim and played it back. In the playback of the recording I just don't think it reflected it. The "recording" in flightsim isn't an actual video recording it's more of a repeat of the same thing through the game's engine. I recorded the video with an actual video camera up to my monitor.

I think FS 2004 had the same issue with recording and playback.

Back