Hey, Judy! CPA at PUW?

Isn't eastern Washington / northern Idaho great? I may live on the west side now, but Pullman is home (grew up and went to college there). May fly over in a couple of weeks (rather than drive) for a work party at my wife's sorority at WSU. Typical that the LMT would dateline the story "Moscow, ID" when the airport is actually in Pullman, WA. Oh well. The attached photo is from when I first flew over there in 2002 after getting my PPL in 2001. The Arrow wouldn't have fit in with your group, but I also use a C-182 for the trip (and hope to in July - much more comfortable). Update - 182 not available, Arrow probably in shop for annual and interior replacement, so will take a 172.

And with pilots from Maine and Florida you likely didn't fly the farthest to get there. :D

Attachments

• happypilotatpuw.jpg
    happypilotatpuw.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Ghery said:
Isn't eastern Washington / northern Idaho great? I may live on the west side now, but Pullman is home (grew up and went to college there). May fly over in a couple of weeks (rather than drive) for a work party at my wife's sorority at WSU. Typical that the LMT would dateline the story "Moscow, ID" when the airport is actually in Pullman, WA. Oh well. The attached photo is from when I first flew over there in 2002 after getting my PPL in 2001. The Arrow wouldn't have fit in with your group, but I also use a C-182 for the trip (and hope to in July - much more comfortable). Update - 182 not available, Arrow probably in shop for annual and interior replacement, so will take a 172.

And with pilots from Maine and Florida you likely didn't fly the farthest to get there. :D

Ghery all you need now is a shirt that says "life is good" ;)

HPNFlyGirl said:
Ghery all you need now is a shirt that says "life is good" ;)

It would be redundant. I'm already living in God's Country. No place better than the Pacific Northwest.

Ghery said:

It was great. Came across the country stopping in Rapid City for my first overnight stop, then to Bozeman and Pullman. Absolutely beautiful. Flew up the Salmon River at 12,000 feet with peaks about 1,000 feet below me. Idaho and Pullman, WA was beautiful with green, rolling hills. Flew to Mt. St. Helens one day, and another day down the Snake River in Hells Canyon to McCalls for lunch. On the way back we were cleared direct to Miles City over the Rocky's. WOW. We made 1486 miles in 9.8 hours of flying time and ended up in Bloomington, IN on the first day. Total of 38.3 flying hours on the trip. The plane performed perfectly without a single problem.

Some photo's:

Mt. St. Helens crater - smoking
Mt-3.jpg

Mt. Adams with Mt. St. Helens in the background
Mt-4.jpg

The Snake River down Hells Canyon
HellsCanyonTour3.jpg

A Stinson with big tires at McCalls, ID
BigtiresStinson.jpg

My plane on the way back up Hells Canyon from McCalls, ID
1716R-C182RG600x450.jpg

Great trip

I did not fly the farthest, but was in the top 5. Did I mention Judy did a great job of putting all this together? It was great!!!

Is it me, or are all Stinsons beautiful? Of course, 16R ain't so bad lookin' either! Lovely photos!

Come back in a couple months and those green hills will be golden with the ripe wheat. Glad you enjoyed your visit. Come back soon.

Stunning. Good candidates for Pilot Getaway magazine !

jdwatson said:
Stunning. Good candidates for Pilot Getaway magazine !
The photo's really don't do it justice. This area of the country is so spectacular it was hard to stop flying at the end of the day and drink beer.

:yes:

Back