Hey, Joe Pilot, Marion says STFU

Keep the avgas tax the same, no user fees. No compromise. Ever. :no:
Anyone here know when the fuel tax rate was set? Since the fuel tax is a cents/gallon figure, and my Tiger doesn't burn any more gallons per hour than it did when it was built, and the cost of the ATC system is subject to inflation, there has to be some increase in the fuel tax over time to allow for the increasing cost of ATC just from the decreasing value of money. The only question in my mind is how much of an increase is appropriate at this time.

Anyone here know when the fuel tax rate was set? Since the fuel tax is a cents/gallon figure, and my Tiger doesn't burn any more gallons per hour than it did when it was built, and the cost of the ATC system is subject to inflation, there has to be some increase in the fuel tax over time to allow for the increasing cost of ATC just from the decreasing value of money. The only question in my mind is how much of an increase is appropriate at this time.

I thought the fuel tax was supposed to go for the Trust Fund, which is overfunded and rarely used for its intended purpose. ATC was supposed to be paid for by federal taxes.

In that testimony Herb Kelleher says the financial crisis is phoney.

Back