Hey Georgia (and those willing to fly to GA) check out the fly-in this weekend!

tdager

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
LittleIronPilot
This is a cool place for those that have not been there!

Here is the pertinent details:
Fly/Drive in
Saturday, June 30, 2007
Antique Aircraft and Antique Automobile fly/drive in. All day event. Food and fuel available. All types of airplanes are welcome. Bring a lawn chair for the events.

Airport Info:
Peach State airport has a 2,400 x 100 ft sod runway.
Airport Identifier: GA2
The runway direction is 31 - 13. Field Elevation 950 ft msl. Traffic advisory on 122.8 - unmonitored. Avgas is available.

More info here: www.peachstateaero.com

This is a cool place for those that have not been there!
I landed at Peach State last month on my grass strip tour. It was a Friday afternoon and although there was not any activity there at the time, I enjoyed the brief visit and meal at the restaurant. Nice little airport! I bet the fly-in will be fun!

Richard you still going? I am going to head to the airport though I must admit that all the talk of 60% thunderstorms this afternoon are NOT giving me a warm and fuzzy.

I went. I looked for you but didn't see you. It wasn't a huge turnout but it wasn't bad either. I imagine that runway keeps some people away on a hot day. The only thunderstorms we saw were in N GA on the way back but they weren't a problem.
IMG_0979.jpg

Richard, what time did you fly in? I think a combination of the forecasted iffy-weather and the grass strip did keep many people away.

BTW...I took your pic and added an arrow point to my airplane, it was in the lower left field.

Attachments

• myplane.JPG
    myplane.JPG
    51.4 KB · Views: 12
Back