Herniated disc

A

Anon

A year prior to getting my first medical, I was involved in a car wreck. The MRI showed that I had a very slight well contained herniated disc. Over the course of the year the very mild pain lessened and no range of motion restrictions. Being my first medical and young I quickly filled the form out not remembering to list this condition as I hadn't thought about it. I returned to Doctor and he wrote that I would be a good candidate if I wanted to do the surgery but my case was not worsening. I chose to keep exercising and to this day I have no issues at all (never prescribed medicine or anything). This was over 11 years ago. Also my automobile insurance covered this not regular health. Is this something I should try to report? I know I messed up on the first medical but I've never had any symptoms afterwards. I have no problem coming forth and correcting, just looking for instructions on how and what possible situation I'm looking at. On my last medical I did report all dr visits within the time period. I tried to find it on my own but there is no record anywhere. I got a copy of my MIB and it is not there at all. My MIB only goes back 7 years. Called insurance companies as well and nothing. Dr office I went to only keeps records for 5 years. What do I need to do to fix this? Again I want to do it the most conservative and correct way. If I need to go to a doc now and state no issues I can do that. Just want to be right. I only recently thought about it when I went in for my last medical. I told the AME about it and he yawned stating if I dont have symptoms and I pass his ROM tests then I am fine and to forget about it until it affects me again then correctly annotate it on the form.

Read your last sentence again. That's my opinion as well and of course its worth exactly what you paid for it. ;)

I am the original poster. Answered by the genius and medical wizard known as Dr. Bruce. Please close thread.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back