Here's one way to quit your job...

:rofl: The anchor was caught off guard.

Maybe we should label this one NSFW. :D

I don't understand why she quit

Edit: I get that the point of this is that she quit on air but is it a conflict of interest to run that business and be on the news?

I don't understand why she quit

Edit: I get that the point of this is that she quit on air but is it a conflict of interest to run that business and be on the news?

Surprises me too, seeing as she is obviously accustomed to giving people the straight dope...

Hope the new gig is successful as getting back in front of a camera may be a bit tough in the future.

Lack of respect will get you mmmmmmm nowhere! Really just shows she is unprofessional.

My guess is that the station discovered her ownership in the pot business and it was a conflict of interest.

Loved it minus the F-bomb... just cuz it wasn't necessary. Hope she does well with her business.

Sounded most unprofessional to me, whatever her reasons

Kids today...

It certainly caught the other anchor off guard.

Loved it minus the F-bomb... just cuz it wasn't necessary. Hope she does well with her business.

On the contrary, that one syllable got her international recognition on all of the news feeds, aggregators and regurgitators, and appealed to her target demographic. Actually it was brilliant marketing, you can't buy PR like that.

On the contrary, that one syllable got her international recognition on all of the news feeds, aggregators and regurgitators, and appealed to her target demographic. Actually it was brilliant marketing, you can't buy PR like that.

Agree. That and she worked in a teensy market, prob not making much money.

Who was it that said "there's no such thing as bad publicity"?

I have to agree. There's also the old "Don't burn your bridges" wisdom.

Unless you lit the fire on purpose to make sure you couldn't be tempted to go back and do something you know you hate, just for the paycheck.

I've seen some people quit in some very interesting ways just for that reason. They weren't any less "professional" than anyone else. They were just done with the BS.

The best was the guy who stripped naked after packing up his box of standard office worker crap, and then casually walked out. He was way above the minimum standard for a network admin and designer. They just pushed him way too hard.

He's gainfully employed at a much better place and had not a hint of a hard time getting hired. Not a bit. Everyone in the IT biz in town knew what the company did to him and no one thought his naked walk was an inappropriate response. People talk. And people know.

His bosses, however, have had lackluster careers and a couple had to leave IT to get away from the crowd knowing exactly what they did to him. Nobody in IT over a certain age who know the story will ever willingly work for them.

Unless you lit the fire on purpose to make sure you couldn't be tempted to go back and do something you know you hate, just for the paycheck.

It worked for this guy:

MV5BMjE3NzgyMDAwMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTE3NDAxMw@@._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

Link didn't work for me, but did anyone post the FA who popped the slide and grabbed two beers on the way out the door yet? LOL.

Back