Here is what my usual 2-4K annual turned into this year!

MtnMarcus

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
PropWash
Thought I would share some pics to people who would appreciate this. Just got completed yesterday. new O470-R in a 66 182J. Went from having no clue I needed a new engine to purchase and install in about 5 weeks due to Continental having it in stock.....and that was with the holidays! Overall a pretty painless process except of course to the pocket book. Included a picture of my panel as well.

IMG_2113.jpg IMG_2114.jpg IMG_2115.jpg IMG_2093.jpg

Looks great!

So, what percent of the aircraft's value is tied up in the engine?

Wow nice airplane. Are you the only owner?

Shop techs need to get a nice "Atta-Boy" for such a clean installation

Looks great!

So, what percent of the aircraft's value is tied up in the engine?

"Value" is a relative term my friend....in the range of 1/4 or 1/3 if I had to guess. I got quotes on some of the bigger horsepower options, and it just didn't make sense for the reason you mention.

That would make the very short list of nicest 182's I've seen. Congrats! Your baffles make me jealous X2.

"Value" is a relative term my friend....in the range of 1/4 or 1/3 if I had to guess. I got quotes on some of the bigger horsepower options, and it just didn't make sense for the reason you mention.

My father had a Skylane, I think a 1971 model, N9233G. He bought it new and I see it's still registered. Granted I was a little kid at the time, but looking back I can't think that a Skylane needs more power. I don't think it would go much faster and the rate of climb was more than sufficient. Maybe if you were doing a lot of short field flying it would help, but for what we used it for it was a gracious plenty.

Nice install... Great panel also... Looks like you're set and ready for lots of adventures...:happydance:

Let me know when you’ll get here. I’m ready to go fly your airplane with you any time! :D Looks *really* nice. I’m jealous.

Looks nice!

That panel is what I aspire to in my new 182 :D Except maybe one fewer GPS!

Thought I would share some pics to people who would appreciate this. Just got completed yesterday. new O470-R in a 66 182J. Went from having no clue I needed a new engine to purchase and install in about 5 weeks due to Continental having it in stock.....and that was with the holidays! Overall a pretty painless process except of course to the pocket book. Included a picture of my panel as well.

View attachment 59057 View attachment 59058 View attachment 59059 View attachment 59060

WOW VERY NICE!!!!!

Back