Here comes another TFR bust! Ready, set

Why should the local pilots be able to enjoy summer flying to the cape.The vineyard is always nice in the winter. Maybe is is going to try to sell his health plan.

it's protecting the POTUS from someone trying to kamikaze Air Force 1 with their 100 knot piper cherokee. lol

So why are we paying for Camp David. Glad I don't live on Martha's vineyard.
Maybe the SS should evacuate the entire island.

I just flew to Matha's Vineyard yesterday. It was a truly beautiful day and the airport was hopping! Glad I got my trip in before the TFR went up.

I saw that yesterday while poking around in FF and thought the same thing as you Andy "wow, someone will bust that!" esp since it covers ACK too.

My understadning is we can still fly there we just need to file 6 reams of paperwork to do so, right?

My brother lives on Martha's Vineyard. I can't wait to read his Facebook posts.

I saw that yesterday while poking around in FF and thought the same thing as you Andy "wow, someone will bust that!" esp since it covers ACK too.

My understadning is we can still fly there we just need to file 6 reams of paperwork to do so, right?

In the outer ring, just a flightplan, and ATC contact with a descreet code. Inner ring you are grounded.

In the past summers, they have set up outer ring airports where you could land, clear "TSA, Homeland Security" and then depart direct for MVY or ACK on a controlled flight plan route. Are they doing that again?

A lot of aviation bu$ine$$e$$ lo$e $$ when POTU$ is in town.

In the outer ring, just a flightplan, and ATC contact with a descreet code. Inner ring you are grounded.

This is not correct. Read the NOTAM. Flights within the inner ring are permitted if you have been security screened by the TSA at either MVY (if departing) or one of a number of satellite airports (PVD, HYA). You do need to plan ahead to request screening and there are restricted hours when it is available.

This is not correct. Read the NOTAM. Flights within the inner ring are permitted if you have been security screened by the TSA at either MVY (if departing) or one of a number of satellite airports (PVD, HYA). You do need to plan ahead to request screening and there are restricted hours when it is available.
That's how I interpreted the NOTAM too. I think I'll stick to flying westbound that week, which sucks because there's a Grumman Gang G2G at P-Town on the 17th.

That's how I interpreted the NOTAM too. I think I'll stick to flying westbound that week, which sucks because there's a Grumman Gang G2G at P-Town on the 17th.

I also interpret the TFR the same and I plan on staying West as well. It's simply not worth the hassle! Maybe a heads up to your Gruman Group so nobody gets has an announced "meeting" with an F-16 :yikes:

Flights within the inner ring are permitted if you have been security screened by the TSA at either MVY (if departing) or one of a number of satellite airports (PVD, HYA). You do need to plan ahead to request screening and there are restricted hours when it is available.

"Flying in your own plane is great! There's such freedom, and you never have to take your shoes off for the TSA."

"Oops, never mind."

"Flying in your own plane is great! There's such freedom, and you never have to take your shoes off for the TSA."

"Oops, never mind."

its very amusing - they have no idea what to do - there are NO - as in ZERO - rules for prohibited items in a GA airplane. I've been screened at a gateway airport -and the TSA guys are funny - since I made a point of having my knife on my belt, a large bottle of water and liquor, oil and other liquids in the airplane - and they just ignored them completely.

If I still lived in the area I'd go have lunch on the Vineyard every day just to make the point . . .

Papers, please.

I also interpret the TFR the same and I plan on staying West as well. It's simply not worth the hassle! Maybe a heads up to your Gruman Group so nobody gets has an announced "meeting" with an F-16 :yikes:
I notified the coordinator. We'll see if the event will still be held.

If I still lived in the area I'd go have lunch on the Vineyard every day just to make the point . . .
Show up at the resturant and when they ask you about the TFR respond with "Wait...what??!!" and run away very quickly. :rofl:

Steve,
Provincetown isn't within the TFR. The Grumman meet up should be on as planned.

I'm wondering if they shut all of Africa's airspace down when he took his family there for their little 300 million dolar sightseeing trip. But what the heck, our Royalty comes first, right? Seriously though, I would rather that our Royal Family visit Martha's Vineyard than San Diego, it's just seems better that way.

-John

I'm wondering if they shut all of Africa's airspace down when he took his family there for their little 300 million dolar sightseeing trip. But what the heck, our Royalty comes first, right? Seriously though, I would rather that our Royal Family visit Martha's Vineyard than San Diego, it's just seems better that way.

-John

LOL, thanks for that John! maybe the Prez and his tribe of Hooligans could visit SD for a few weeks over Xmas. :thumbsup::rofl:
That should be a fair trade!!!!

Hopefully, he will never visit Lincoln, NE. Named after President Lincoln who........ never mind. :mad2:

Just got an email that he's going to Orlando, does that mean we have a TFR in a TFR?

Steve,
Provincetown isn't within the TFR. The Grumman meet up should be on as planned.
Very true, but I'm not comfortable crossing 20nm of open water if I don't have to. Besides, I was looking forward to flying the whole Cape. :)

I also heard on the radio this weekend that the outer ring is "squawk'n'talk" (that was the actual phrase the PVD controller used). It doesn't sound like a VFR flight plan is required.

I frequently pray to my savage pagan gods that a President is not elected from my state in my lifetime.

its very amusing - they have no idea what to do - there are NO - as in ZERO - rules for prohibited items in a GA airplane. I've been screened at a gateway airport -and the TSA guys are funny - since I made a point of having my knife on my belt, a large bottle of water and liquor, oil and other liquids in the airplane - and they just ignored them completely.

I assume that they very carefully check your ID, the N number on your airplane, and looked for drugs?

That way, there is no possible way to use the aircraft for something bad since they know who you are and you are under ATC control. :rolleyes2:

No one has busted the TFR yet.weather is going to be excellent after tues. so time will tell.

I assume that they very carefully check your ID, the N number on your airplane, and looked for drugs?

That way, there is no possible way to use the aircraft for something bad since they know who you are and you are under ATC control. :rolleyes2:

Not the one I did - when Obama was in Oakland in 2011? [2012?] and I had good baseball tickets - OAK was a gateway -

I had a toolkit in the back with screw drivers and large wrenches, a leatherman on my belt, picked up a couple of large bottles of water in the FBO who was hosting the TSA.

My friend hands me his fanny pack with his stuff - cause he gets patted down - and I don't because I'm the pilot.

Then they asked to see my pilots license and ID, ok. Whatever. We walk out and the TSA guy looks in the airplane. . . does not get in the airplane. Walks around the airplane. And tells us to call ground in 10 min since it will take a while for them to call the tower and give them clearance to clear us.

No dog. No detailed search - and even if they searched . . . what is the prohibited list for Part 91 ops again?

Back