Hep C

U

Unregistered

Synopsis:

Aerial applicator for 25 years. Punted life insurance exam a year ago led to discovery of Hepatitis C, Genotype 2 of at least 30 years duration (something left over from the hippie wars, have not had a drink or a mood altering drug in 28 years). Dr. allowed me to defer treatment until after the season last year and managed to pull a rabbit out of a hat for last season with a super Regional AME who granted me a waiver which saved my income for the year. I will not be able to duplicate that this year.

Hit treatment hard last Fall after the season, PegInterferon & Ribavirin which are both disqualifying although I tolerate treatment very well. Virus has been undetectable from week 4 of a 24 week regimen. Last shot will be this month and I have my flight physical set for the day after I get the final labs early in April. I'm going to show up with labs, letters, records; the works.

First Question: There is possibly some liver damage indicated by a test called Fibroscan although CAT Scan and endoscopy are both unremarkable. Liver ultrasound picked up a little nodularity. No biopsy has been done and the hepatologist does not think it's necessary. Do I report that up front (it has not been diagnosed by a person as Cirrhosis and could, in fact be Fibrosis to split hairs) or submit all of the documentation and let them ask for clarification if they require it?

I have been completely asymptomatic for the last 30 years and still am.

Second Question: What are the chances, given sequester blah...blah...blah..., that I could obtain a disposition of this within 90 days?

Would be grateful for the insights of the good Dr.

All you need is a letter saying that your Hepatitis C is inactive, describing the PgInf & Rivarin, and giving you most recent sets of ALT/SGPT and Alk Phos. It'll be a year by year issuance until 3 years has gone by.

You can get a disposition in 10 days if you have a good AME who does the homework first, and does a physical just after he talks to the OKC officer.

Thanks for the input doc. That sounds like the perfect course of action.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back