Henning

LJS1993

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
LJ Savala
Hey guys I have been gone for a long time so I am definitely out of the loop. For you guys that remember me I am still not a pilot but continue to love aviation in general. I hope all is well with you guys. However I was wondering where is Henning?

He's likely sharing libations with some lady, last name Sandiego, first name Carmen.

carmen-sandiego-costume.jpg

Last edited:
A lot of us miss Henning, although there are some here that don't really appreciate him. Often, the truth hurts.
I think he might be in Alaska. Or maybe Arizona.
But he does pop in from time to time. Usually about 2AM.

At any rate, Henning, if you are here, Leslie and I would like for you to go up with us again to get a refresher course on leaning our hot headed O360. For some reason, she doesn't like to listen to me.

A lot of us miss Henning, although there are some here that don't really appreciate him. Often, the truth hurts.
I think he might be in Alaska. Or maybe Arizona.
But he does pop in from time to time. Usually about 2AM.

At any rate, Henning, if you are here, Leslie and I would like for you to go up with us again to get a refresher course on leaning our hot headed O360. For some reason, she doesn't like to listen to me.

Well we all rub some people the wrong way on occasion. The guy always gave me straight answers and advice.

Hey guys I have been gone for a long time so I am definitely out of the loop. For you guys that remember me I am still not a pilot but continue to love aviation in general. I hope all is well with you guys. However I was wondering where is Henning?

Why don't you just ask him?
He just posted today.

Well we all rub some people the wrong way on occasion. The guy always gave me straight answers and advice.
Heh. I always felt the opposite. He seemed to always gave bad data in those subjects I know about and work. I didn't appreciate the story about the burning ship he posted on the Purple board in which he described his role, seems like it never happened.

I'm still convinced he's a Borg, and all of his stories are just experiences of the collective told as his own.

Whittier Alaska getting a boat ready to wander on down to Seattle.

John, should be back in Florida sometime in October, be happy to go fly with you and Leslie again then, unless of course you want to fly to Seattle and pick me up and we can all fly a fun cross country back.

John, should be back in Florida sometime in October, be happy to go fly with you and Leslie again then, unless of course you want to fly to Seattle and pick me up and we can all fly a fun cross country back.

Well good to hear from you Henning. I thought maybe you picked up a job as a personal pilot for Executive Outcomes or something.

Last edited:

I love whittier, the most I ever laughed was when a guy asked me how to get to anchorage... there's one road out of whittier and it goes thorough a mountain. I said "see that hole over there?" "yeah" "go through it"

I love whittier, the most I ever laughed was when a guy asked me how to get to anchorage... there's one road out of whittier and it goes thorough a mountain. I said "see that hole over there?" "yeah" "go through it"

On the hour for 15 minutes...unless a train is using the hole then everything gets screwed up. One lane for in and out and both share it with a train lol.

I'm still waiting for Henning to make an appearance at the salvage yard... not terribly long ago, he said he'd pose for a picture wearing a mini skirt and tube top and I've been waiting ever since....

I'm still waiting for Henning to make an appearance at the salvage yard... not terribly long ago, he said he'd pose for a picture wearing a mini skirt and tube top and I've been waiting ever since....
Dude... if Henning promised to show up at my salvage yard in a tube top and miniskirt, I'd sell the salvage yard, move out of state, change my name and enter witness protection. Some things you can't un-see, no matter how much you want to.

You Texans are a strange bunch. :)

Still awaiting a trip through there...

Let us know, but if you are running late, we are headed to Phoenix at the end of October for two weeks. We are using a 3 day conference as an excuse. That should give us plenty of time to either explore new (to us) places, or wait out the weather.

Last I heard from him I was at Walmart shopping for a pot big enough to hold a large dungeness crab.

We were discussing if I should boil or bake a live crab for a man I was going to cook dinner for.

How many people have threads about them? I'd say it has got to mean something.

Whittier! I drove through the train tunnel to get there once and when i got in to town the first thing i heard was "Welcome to Whittier where the weather is always Sh***ier"

They weren't lying, just going through the mountain into Whittier it started snowing on us.. and that was June 1st in 2006.

Sadly, the Glacier that bares my name seems to have melted... so it may not be snowing much since then lol

All that said, I can't wait to get back up to Alaska!

Whittier! I drove through the train tunnel to get there once and when i got in to town the first thing i heard was "Welcome to Whittier where the weather is always Sh***ier"

They weren't lying, just going through the mountain into Whittier it started snowing on us.. and that was June 1st in 2006.

Sadly, the Glacier that bares my name seems to have melted... so it may not be snowing much since then lol

All that said, I can't wait to get back up to Alaska!

Nope, they weren't kidding lol, the Military decided to develop a base here (before that there was nothing) because the propensity for cloud cover. Can't complain too much though, it's been about 50/50 this last month with some beautiful weather as well, nice enough to get some varnishing done even, although I've stripped off way more than I've put on so far lol. Pulling out tomorrow and day tripping our way to Seattle.

Last I heard from him I was at Walmart shopping for a pot big enough to hold a large dungeness crab.

We were discussing if I should boil or bake a live crab for a man I was going to cook dinner for.

You can bake a live crab? Sounds like it could get ugly.

Clearly you should have bought the crab already cooked, cracked and cleaned :confused:

Didn't you have a thread named after you? No, wait, that was a chipmunk:
http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61292&highlight=Kimberly ;)

No way, I ask for the angry ones in the tank and then pick them up with my bare hands (you have to know how to hold them so you don't get pinched).

The angry ones taste better. The almost dead ones don't.

I will never buy pre-cooked crab as long as there is live crab readily available near me.

One year it was only 4.99 per pound!

Remind me never to act crabby around Kimberly.

A little Lindane powder will take care of that.

Back