Henning! Nebraska Is Hydrogen Friendly!

Geico266

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Geico
Last edited:
Yep, it's the way to go, carbon is to useful to be wasting into the atmosphere, we need to reclaim and reuse it. Unfortunately this hydrogen can't be used in current fuel cell cars. :(

Yep, it's the way to go, carbon is to useful to be wasting into the atmosphere, we need to reclaim and reuse it. Unfortunately this hydrogen can't be used in current fuel cell cars. :(

The first plant in the country!! With all of the "green" blue states you would think that old red state Nebraska would be the last one! We are the first to set the pace for the rest of the country! :yes:

Maybe selling pot to dumb down the masses isn't such a good idea after all? :dunno:

How do we do it? Simple. We cannot run a deficit, our budgets must balance by law. Period. We have the money to invest in new technology while other states are paying interest on the loans they took out. :dunno:

Last edited:
The first plant in the country!! With all of the "green" blue states you would think that old red state Nebraska would be the last one! We are the first to set the pace for the rest of the country! :yes:

How do we do it? Simple. We cannot run a deficit, our budgets must balance by law. Period. We have the money to invest in new technology while other states are paying interest on the loans they took out. :dunno:

That is because the economic reality is there, it's just that the financial industry wants to milk every last cent it can out of the oil infrastructure the tax payer gave them, because that maximizes profits. The fact that it costs society is irrelevant to them.

This is the old burn method of making hydrogen. If it could be used in a fuel cell, gasoline and ICEs would be in the minority of transportation vehicles at this point.

Thing is we can process the NG to electricity directly even more efficiently with a solid oxide fuel cell and still get the carbon back plus the water.

Last edited:
So they are burning carbon, which releases CO2, to produce hydrogen, to reduce CO2 emissions.

Got it.

I should read articles instead of headlines. They are extracting the H without burning the coal and methane.
To obtain this new hydrogen fuel source in Nebraska, NPPD is working with Monolith Materials – a manufacturing company that produces hydrogen as a byproduct in its production of cleanly made carbon black.

So they are burning carbon, which releases CO2, to produce hydrogen, to reduce CO2 emissions.

Got it.

They are trapping the carbon to make carbon black. Interesting use of the by product. I'm wondering how efficient the process is.

I mean, the flaw in the logic is really that obvious.

Isn't it??? :dunno:

No, not really, the value of carbon 'lamp black' + value of electricity > than cost of gas and process, therefor profitable. Now when you sell the carbon credits, you get to jerk off on some $100 bills and and hand them to a stripper.

Their process, per their website, produces a ton of carbon black for each ton of co2 produced, I assume the CO2 is from the energy required for the process. The process yields carbon black and hydrogen. I didn't delve into the process but I assume it is some type of catalytic deal. The process requires energy to produce the carbon black and hydrogen. I doubt the net energy produced by the hydrogen is enough to power the process, but the economic benefit lies in the sale of the carbon black. The hydrogen sale to the utility is probably icing on the cake. And as been pointed out the carbon credits add to the bottom line, although the windfall from that market is less attractive than it was a few short years ago.

That is because the economic reality is there, it's just that the financial industry wants to milk every last cent it can out of the oil infrastructure the tax payer gave them, because that maximizes profits. The fact that it costs society is irrelevant to them.

This is the old burn method of making hydrogen. If it could be used in a fuel cell, gasoline and ICEs would be in the minority of transportation vehicles at this point.

Thing is we can process the NG to electricity directly even more efficiently with a solid oxide fuel cell and still get the carbon back plus the water.

Okay, this may be a long shot, but they are hiring 600 people for the building of the plant. That's okay news to a state where unemployment is 2.7%. Means wages will be going up.

You need to apply for a position in sales. Write your own ticket.

Last edited:
Okay, this may be a long shot, but they are hiring 600 people for the building of the plant. That's okay news to a state where unemployment is 2.7%. Means wages will be going up. ;)

Yeah, they're finally seeing the end of the line nearly 20 years late. It's a half step in the right direction for sure. SOFCs will complete the step. I keep trying to tell you guys it's happening whether you like it or not. Might as well not dawdle and start benefitting fully ASAP, all it takes is to stop fighting for 2 years and spend the money building, that's all it would take.

Last edited:
Yeah, they're finally seeing the end of the line nearly 20 years late. It's a half step in the right direction for sure. SOFCs will complete the step. I keep trying to tell you guys it's happening whether you like it or not.

Why didn't Obama pursue this technology?

Let's not get political, just stick with semi reputable facts. ;). :lol:

Geico has spoken! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Why didn't Obama pursue this technology?

Let's not get political, just stick with facts. Please.

Geico has spoken!

Because Obama is an actor in a soap opera sponsored by the Federal Reserve and scripted by their subsidiary companies on Wall Street and Madison Avenue.

We want business to run our country and they do. They know we won't like the result, because they laugh at us asking them to **** us in the ass dry and ruin our lives with debt, and they protect themselves from lynching by keeping us segregated and using politicians as a continuous supply of new red shirts to take the falls and blame. America is a carefully scripted soap opera managed by families that have over a millennia of experience at it. That is what the Revolution was fought to rid us of, and that is what regained footing in the Civil War.

The time has come to create a true Free Financial Market to compete with The Fed and Chicago Commodities markets, as well as the welfare and healthcare requirements, and do so by selling electricity on the open market, producing food for the market, producing fuel for the market, producing water for the market, and most importantly, be formed on a society wide coop basis where people tend crop or whatever for a few hours a week to maintain status. The shelter and homeless issues as well as basic low cost community medical services can all be handled on campus. Street people no longer exist, they can live at the plant, kibutz style.

Back