Hemophilia C

Andrew Daniel

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
AndiiPorko
Hello, i was wondering... I want to become a pilot but i've read somewhere that having bleeding disorders makes you unfit
I have a strange disorder called Hemophilia C (also called factor XI defficiency), however, despite having been operated and taken out four teeth, I've never had a hemorrage, serious bleeding, been in treatment or taken pills, or have ever gone to the doctor because of my condition (And I have broken some bones and strained my ankle THREE TIMES).
My guess is that my condition is just really mild and has low to no symptoms, I've also read that it is possible to become a pilot with hemophilia.
So what do you think?

Issuable, but it takes an FAA decision (read: significant delays). You'll need to actually go to a doctor who can write a proper review of your current condition, what bleeding issues you have (if any), etc... Any other documentation you can put your hands on will help (like who diagnosed this in the first place, etc...).

Hello, i was wondering... I want to become a pilot but i've read somewhere that having bleeding disorders makes you unfit
I have a strange disorder called Hemophilia C (also called factor XI defficiency), however, despite having been operated and taken out four teeth, I've never had a hemorrage, serious bleeding, been in treatment or taken pills, or have ever gone to the doctor because of my condition (And I have broken some bones and strained my ankle THREE TIMES).
My guess is that my condition is just really mild and has low to no symptoms, I've also read that it is possible to become a pilot with hemophilia.
So what do you think?
Speicail Issunace. Do-Able.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back