Helped a student prepare for today's checkride...

Hobobiker

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Hobo
It was an honor to be asked to help another student get ready for this morning's checkride, so after my practice flight last night I met him in the school's conference room at 8:30pm. Two hours later, I had filled the whiteboard with acronyms, airspace rules, we had planned his XC and completed the W&B. This morning I met him again before he flew down to the checkride and reminded him about a student who just yesterday was failed for forgetting a clearing turn, and also reminded him to recover from maneuvers no lower than 1500 feet AGL. I helped him with his landing and takeoff performance charts, reminded him to get a standard briefing, etc.

In order to remember the clearing turns and recovery altitude, he wrote on the tops of both hands "CLEARING TURNS! RECOVER AT NO LOWER THAN 1500AGL." I wish I could see the DPE's face when he sees the student's hands... :)

LOL!

I had "Clearing Turns" written on my left thumb during my checkride.

Also, good for you. It sounds like you are ready to Ace your ride.
Sounds like your CFI knows it too.

There is NO review quite like teaching someone else.

An interesting strategy, and I think it will work wonders.

Now, go nail that check ride. Sounds like you're seriously ready for the oral, at least.

There is NO review quite like teaching someone else.

An interesting strategy, and I think it will work wonders.

Now, go nail that check ride. Sounds like you're seriously ready for the oral, at least.

You have to REALLY know something to be able to teach it to others. So that should a) tell you that you know what you need to pass your ride and b) whet your appetite to continue training through to the CFI level. Your CFI is a genius! ;-)

The student texted me and said that he passed. Gave me a big "Thank You" for the help, which was very cool.

Now it's MY turn... :goofy:

Back