Help with PTT

Glen Sim cek

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Glen Simecek
I realize this is probably a basic question but I have a Flightcom 403 MC intercom with no push to talk button. The seller couldn't remember how it worked so I plugged in an old portable PTT that I used when I was learning to fly and find that I can hear my passenger but they cannot hear me. I can transmit and have side tone but would like to communicate with my passenger. I read on the Flightcom site about the need to modify the PTT wire however it my attempt to solder a wire from the ground to the ring connector didn't work.

So now it's time to call the experts. The PTT is an old telex model with three wires, a black that is connected to the ground and a red and yellow wire that seem to bypass the jack and go directly from the button end to the plug that goes into the panel. Clear as mud? I tried to attach a picture. Any suggestions on how to modify as described in the on the Flightcom? Interestingly, the PMA600B instructions also describe modifying the PTT switch to permit this to work but cutting the red wire and soldering to the ground plug. Like I said, basic question but appreciate the expert's insights!

Thanks,

-Glen

Attachments

• IMG_1728.JPG
    IMG_1728.JPG
    298.6 KB · Views: 20
Back