Help with IACRA

spiderweb

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Ben
I have to fill this out and I am stumped at two points:

1) I need to enter what level FTD the ATC610 is. Does anyone know? (It will be a number.)

2) You cannot enter the type of aircraft you will be flying. Instead, you MUST pick it off a search list. I can't get the thing to list the Zlin. The type is Z242, and there is no reason it should not be there!

Please help if you can.

Thanks!
Ben

wangmyers said:
I have to fill this out and I am stumped at two points:

1) I need to enter what level FTD the ATC610 is. Does anyone know? (It will be a number.)

2) You cannot enter the type of aircraft you will be flying. Instead, you MUST pick it off a search list. I can't get the thing to list the Zlin. The type is Z242, and there is no reason it should not be there!

Please help if you can.

Thanks!
Ben
Well, I can help on #1, the reference is attached, see page 7, of AC 120-45. It's a Class 1. But as for Zlin, I don't see why Z242 is not on there....

Added a moment later- try the contraction Z42 per this: http://www.faa.gov/atpubs/CNT/5-2-Z.htm

Last edited:
Thanks, Bruce! I'll give that a shot!

LOL! The Zlin has to be entered by the local FSDO before it gets to OK, and then onto the IACRA. We'll have to do the traditional 8710!

wangmyers said:
All approved flight simulation devices have a letter of authorization from the FAA -- that's an individual letter for the specific unit, not a general authorization for the type (that changed about four years ago). The FSDO has to go out and look at the unit before issuing the letter. The letter should be either actually with the unit or in the files of the outfit operating the unit. The FTD level is given in the LOA. Without an LOA, the unit is not approved for logging time/training.

Back