Help Wanted in Port Aransas, TX

No snowbirds down there? Weird.
Plenty. We have 8 (?) of them with us right now (till Spring Break), and there are probably a few thousand more around town.

We have a love - hate relationship with snowbirds (called "Winter Texans" here). They don't want to pay diddly squat, generally don't go out much, and the restaurant workers HATE them.

The VFW bartenders were on the verge of banning them, after they figured out that they were only averaging $1 tip per person when the Winter Texans attend in numbers. Most of the tips they did receive were from locals, which means the WTs weren't tipping at all.

In my case, they pay very little ($800 - $950/month) and wear out the facility at a terrific rate. We love them as people, though -- they're mostly from the Upper Midwest, so they are "our kind of people"-- but I'm honestly not sure they are worth it.

I wish we could make time for your offer, but life has been coming from together lately since we are in the process of moving homes. :mad2:

Would love to try to get out on some flounder or redfish.

I wish we could make time for your offer, but life has been coming from together lately since we are in the process of moving homes. :mad2:

Would love to try to get out on some flounder or redfish.
One lesson I have taken from Glenn Fry and David Bowie is that there isn't a lot of time left.

Will you remember today in 20 years? Will you be here in 20 years?

Skip the crap. Go fishing. :)

One lesson I have taken from Glenn Fry and David Bowie is that there isn't a lot of time left.

Will you remember today in 20 years? Will you be here in 20 years?

Skip the crap. Go fishing. :)

I think that is a Jimmy Buffett song!!!
9k=

Jay,

This skydive pilot job was just posted on Facebook.

"Needing a full time pilot for our 182s on Mustang Island TX (KRAS). Competently assist with management of the aircraft and hangar and your pay can be better than any Cessna DZ in the U.S! Lodging offered in downtown Port Aransas for a very reasonable fee. Call me at 361 537 3776 for details. (Local CFI and other GA opportunities are also plentiful.)."

So now there are two jobs open on your island. :)

David

Back