Help Save Camp Lake Airport! (49C - SE Wisconsin) GoFundMe

fasteddie

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Fasteddie
I have no relation to this place, just thought it was an interesting find while poking around the web on a Saturday afternoon. Seems like a neat little grass strip just over the IL/WI border. Also, I'm jealous of anyone who has their own airport.....

https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-save-camp-lake-airport

Hi to all the Aviation Enthusiasts!

My name is Elliott Eiden and I ask you to join me in saving Camp Lake Airport (49C) in Camp Lake, Wisconsin. Many have enjoyed a stop at beautiful Camp Lake since 1952 but it is in desperate need of repairs to keep it safe and running. I am 25 years old and have my A&P from Lewis University and private pilot’s license. As the new owner, I have put in over 700 hours of labor in cleaning and repairs. My goal is to raise $15,000 for repairs to the runway, removing large trees that are in danger of destroying the main hangers, and removing large trees at either end of the runway.
Camp Lake Airport is currently home to several planes and ultralights and will have room for more soon! The airport is part of Fly Wisconsin Passport Program so fly in and get your stamp!
One of the few remaining grass runways in the Wisconsin/Illinois area, Camp Lake Airport is a beautiful spot surrounded by lakes, corn fields and horse farms. I plan to make it a vibrant location for events and camaraderie.

Please join me in saving the Camp Lake Airport! Any donation is greatly appreciated.

Instagram: camplake_airport49c

Haven't flown in there but used to fly into the now closed Westosha airport that was nearby. Westosha was owned by a gravel pit. Cool little airport for this flatlander, having a pretty shear cliff at one end of the runway.

25 and own your own airport, yeah I'm jealous. I'll throw a couple bucks his way.

Learned to fly at Westosha (RIP) and must have flown past 49C a few hundred times without ever stopping. Adding to my bucket list for this fall.

We need to get some pilot celebs out to shoot some videos. That should help with the GFM.

Back