Help me with this SYMBOL!

Uranus

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Dr.NoPe
Can any one help recognize the name of this symbol/flag/insignia, does this one have something to do with U.S Airforce, Department of Air Force, or aviation industry?

Attachments

• What's This Symbol.jpg
    What's This Symbol.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 70
Now the heraldry makes sense. The red square is from a semaphore flag.

Now the heraldry makes sense. The red square is from a semaphore flag.

Pretty close, but not quite.

Semaphore is a two-flag system, and the flags are usually red and yellow, diagonally split, with the red portion on the upper hoist.

In addition to two-flag semaphore, the Army also has a one-flag system ("wig-wag," or something like that). They have, I believe, three flags, all consisting of a square within a contrasting background. They were all chosen because the combinations didn't duplicate any maritime signal flags. I don't know how they decide which flag to use on any given occasion.

At least, that's what I remember an army guy telling me a long time ago while we were stupid drunk comparing notes at an airport waiting for a blizzard to move on.

-Rich

FWIW... here's a neat Google trick for things like this...

Go to images.google.com (Google Images)... click on the little camera.
You can upload a picture, or paste a URL for any image.

Google will find all matches, or similar images... and display the results. In this case, it found that the image was associated with "us army signal corps".

FWIW... here's a neat Google trick for things like this...

Go to images.google.com (Google Images)... click on the little camera.
You can upload a picture, or paste a URL for any image.

Google will find all matches, or similar images... and display the results. In this case, it found that the image was associated with "us army signal corps".

You can also just drag an image into the images.google.com window.

Back