Help finding N Number

SkyHog

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Everything Offends Me
I'm looking for advice on an N-Number to reserve. I really wanted N1CK, but someone already has that one. I thought it'd be kind of funny to have a lot of 9s in the number, but apparantly, so does everyone else, as almost every N-Number with a bunch of 9s in it is already taken.

I thought N17RQ (Nitro) might be neat, but its a bit hard to tell that's what I'm getting at.

N81NB is taken (Year of birth and initials)

I went for short and single syllables. You don't want any sevens, niners, novembers, sierras, romeos....

Pretty much every single or two digit combo with a single letter was taken when I checked.

I got a three digit where I get to say it's Mike's Cherokee in four syllables, except when I add the November because ATC doesn't believe it's the whole call.

Last edited:
Ahh, but I do want long numbers. I think it'd be the bee's knees to hear "Experimental November Niner Niner Niner Niner Niner" everytime ATC wants to talk to me.

Unfortunately, the niners idea is out, so I'm thinking something like N81KR or something would work, but I figure if I'm gonna pick the number, I might as well get something that makes sense. Anyone wanna go strip N1CK off that dude's plane in Illinois?

You certainly want at least one niner because it sounds all aviation-like. I also like tango and romeo because they're sexy.

Chris

I've got N2577 reserved, against Mike's recommendations. :)

I've always liked 3 or more numbers in a row. N444Q = Tripple 4 Quebec for example.

I downloaded the entire FAA database, imported it and started running queries since the online one doesn't let give you great search ability.

I'd pick other fun tail numbers like xxxSH for Sierra Hotel!

I have a friend whose tail number ends in "zero romeo sierra"- try saying that fast!

When he talks, it's "ZeRomaSerah"

---------

Edit: My anniversary and Celia's initials (together) make up an available N-Number- maybe I should reserve it.

Last edited:
You need xxxCS or xxxBS. Was looking at an Arrow that was xxCS. Good thing I didn't buy it cause I know that sometime or another I would have slipped.:D
Ron

You need xxxCS or xxxBS. Was looking at an Arrow that was xxCS. Good thing I didn't buy it cause I know that sometime or another I would have slipped.:D
Ron

Am I the only one who has no idea what's naughty about xxxCS? I guess I'm just pure as the driven snow.

Chris

You certainly want at least one niner because it sounds all aviation-like. I also like tango and romeo because they're sexy.

Chris
Over Christmas weekend, I flew Skyhawk Eight-two-two-Tango-Kilo for fourteen hours....

I didn't think it was sexy! After the first leg, I was finally beyond tongue-tied. But, every other controller wasn't.

I discovered the owner picked the number for his wife's birth date and initials. He said, "I'm not completely stupid!" Of course, he just spent two-hundred thousand-plus on an airplane and now wants another. :D

If you want naughty you could try N6969N. ;)

Did I really post that here? :redface:

Can't do it Brent. Rules for N Numbers are as follows:
Must start with a number greater than 0
Can only have 2 letters, and they must be after all numbers
Max of 5 characters
Cannot contain an I or an O.

I'm holding Romeo Victor Three Five Seven for my RV8.
(RV357) my birthday.

Gary

Can't do it Brent. Rules for N Numbers are as follows:
Must start with a number greater than 0
Can only have 2 letters, and they must be after all numbers
Max of 5 characters
Cannot contain an I or an O.

that's a bummer... I was holding out for something with WTF in it if I'm every lucky enough to own a plane :goofy:

Well, I took Mike's advice (sort of), and I am now the proud owner of:

November Niner Niner Niner November November.

Look for updates soon!

Look for updates soon!

:goofy: You are an ornery cuss!

You'll need to add a few minutes to each flight plan to allow time for saying your call sign!

Look for updates soon!

You'll either love or hate it. We'll see.

November triple Niner Novermber November. I like it... Mostly because its going to confuse the heck out of everyone.

"was that two nines? 3 nines? You lost me after the november november..."

I'm digging it. Feels like it rolls off my tongue naturally already (I've been saying it over and over again all day today).

Should appear under my name in the FAA Database online within 3 weeks.

The last plane I flew before I was suspended was: N25525

Rapid City was nearly stuttering.

"Would you like fives with that?" :D

I have about 30 hours in N32323.

That was a fun one to say.

There's a 206 that's parked next to me. N29292. Its got a few cards painted on the tail as 'Full House'.

N999NN Builders Log

Wow, you're gonna build a plane? Cool. Let me know how you fit!

And your N-number... Wow, you must not like the radio. Twelve syllables, nobody's gonna want to talk to ya! "Experimental niner niner niner november november" doesn't exactly roll off the tongue! And I thought I had trouble with 201RR...

OBTW, the link to KR on your web site is wrong (fly-kr, not flr-kr)

Nick: November niner niner niner november november would like flight following.

ATC: Novemebr Niner...
ATC: November november niner niner.....
ATC: Niner ...November.. niner....
ATC: Aircraft calling center, unable.

Last edited:
Wow, you're gonna build a plane? Cool. Let me know how you fit!

And your N-number... Wow, you must not like the radio. Twelve syllables, nobody's gonna want to talk to ya! "Experimental niner niner niner november november" doesn't exactly roll off the tongue! And I thought I had trouble with 201RR...

OBTW, the link to KR on your web site is wrong (fly-kr, not flr-kr)

Thanks, I'll fix the link.

And I think ATC will find it funny too. I hope :D

I regularly fly N7111W. We always seem to call it triple one whiskey, but, of course, the proper abbreviation is one one whiskey. It takes half a second before I make the connection. And frequently, of course, ATC gets the wrong number of 'ones' in there.

Back