Help finding E6B / Plotter combo

pilotmattk

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
pilotmattk
Does anyone know where to get an E6B/Plotter combo similar to the ones that come in the Cessna Pilot Kit (Yes I still use an E6B )? I'm looking for a plastic one that has a protractor on one end (curved at that end). I lost mine in a rental plane, bought an aluminum one, and hate it. I realized only after I got home that it doesn't have a plotter and that I need to buy another device. So, I'm trying to buy a plotter that just happens to have a wind side and computer attached :yes:. Looked at the usual online shops and couldn't locate one.

Also, what's this funny plastic ring hanging off the side of my new metal computer? If it's there just for looks, I'm going to cut it off so it'll fit in my kneeboard better (until I get a plastic one, or a bundle of them). I would think it has a use though.

Thanks,
Matt

Last edited:
Also, what's this funny plastic ring hanging off the side of my new metal computer? If it's there just for looks, I'm going to cut it off so it'll fit in my kneeboard better (until I get a plastic one, or a bundle of them). I would think it has a use though.
It's to tie a lanyard to so you can hang it around your neck so it's always handy.

Every so often they come up on Ebay. Just type in "Cessna flight computer" and that will usually bring it up if there is one listed. In fact, there is one listed right now.

Last edited:
Does anyone know where to get an E6B/Plotter combo similar to the ones that come in the Cessna Pilot Kit (Yes I still use an E6B )? I'm looking for a plastic one that has a protractor on one end (curved at that end). I lost mine in a rental plane, bought an aluminum one, and hate it. I realized only after I got home that it doesn't have a plotter and that I need to buy another device. So, I'm trying to buy a plotter that just happens to have a wind side and computer attached :yes:. Looked at the usual online shops and couldn't locate one.

Thanks,
Matt

I might still have mine. I will see if I can find it. I really don't use it anymore.

Thanks for the help everyone has provided. I just needed those special words "Cessna Flight Computer." I do find it curious that they aren't more readily available since they do come in all the cessna pilot kits. I've added the one on Ebay to my watch list and will keep an eye out for them.

Thanks,
Matt

Back